Does the news still scare anyone else?

by YoungAmerican 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• erandir
    erandir
    or at least find a more balanced, less sensationalized news source.

Yeah...like the Daily Show, or The Colbert Report.

• Mum
    Mum

I've learned to go with the flow.

"Acceptance is the key to ease in life."

- Dorothy Sayer

• Hermano
    Hermano

The WTBS lies so much about so many things, I don't beleive anything they say anymore.

Second, I refuse to be intimidated by anyone, including God. God, if you don't think I am a decent enough human being and I am not living up to your high standards and deserve death, just kill me right now. Stop with the stupid, I'll-get-you-someday game, cause I am not going to play it. If you're gonna get me, get it over with right now, cause I am not going to live my life in fear of you or your possible reprisals. In jesus name I pray, amen.

• unique1
    unique1

It takes time. When I hear that phrase Peace and Security (which thanks to the Iraq war) I haven't heard in a long time, I immediately think Armageddon. Then I realize that is merely brain washing in effect.

If you haven't read Crisis of Conscience yet, I suggest you do. It is a real eye opener.

• heathen
    heathen

Then Gods reply to hermano --- You didn't sell enough publications , you are not worthy ,you must die ........... Actually I believe what the bible says about the end of the world . We know not to trust WTBTS understanding on things because they are wrong and then change their understanding all the time.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Global warming scares me. But not because I think god's left his oven going on purpose, just because I dont think we will tackle it until its too late.

I read an e-mail to my mum from a JW and she was trying to interpret the news and predict who the King of the North and the King of the South was, and I just laughed. Dear god, how wearisome trying to force things to fit into prophecies when they just WONT! The JW's were really screwed on that Kings thing once the cold war ended, and it made me realise how somethings things fit, and sometimes they dont.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit