The Way To Love

by JamesThomas 33 Replies latest jw friends

• educ8self
    educ8self

What is? I just look at it as a matter of perspective, it is possible to hold multiple perspectives simultaneously - individual, collective, relative, absolute... Well, it helps not to be personal about it. I guess you might be able to list all the details of each for a particular thing/event, but I doubt that helps in the sense of actually being open enough to hold it and I'm way too lazy intellectually to do the work. Besides there seems to be people who are really into that sort of thing that have already written about it, not exactly the kind of thing that turns me on though.

• educ8self
    educ8self
    edited to add: This is a very shallow response to what you posted and I came back to delete it, but decided to keep it here. it wasnt meant to be deep or philisophical. Just a post

Purps, philosophy is not deep! Yes it CAN be, depending on the understanding of the individual, but then we're back to a human concern right? But on that level, it IS deep, certainly is for you - deeper than the rest of the time that's flat and... well, just kind of flat - and frankly I'm sure philosophers have just as much of that. I mean hey, if we approached this as a competitive sport I think we would be really shallow. Actually, all such experiences help each other deepen, you might be surprised at how some deep individuals regard what seems to be simple experiences like this.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Delilah, and others,

Thank you for your very kind comment. I do not mean to subtract from it when I ask you and others reading this thread, what is it within ourselves that recognizes the very special worthiness of this subject that we would desire to give thanks for this message? Words are conceptual abstracts that only attempt to point to an underlying reality. What is that Reality? What true message can be realized from silently meeting with the intimate depths of being in this moment? Is not our awareness of a deep appreciation a welcoming invitation from our own warm authenticity to meet with it?

What I feel our dear Anthony's words so eloquently display is the simple importance of being consciously-aware of the egoic-self that the mind weaves out of a patch-work story and commentary of "self" and "other". In following Anthony's nakedly honest seeing, the false nature of the believed individual-self, the mentally constructed ego-self, is seen as false. And as more and more of what is false is revealed, more clearly the truth -- which is always here -- is realized and lived. It's that simple.

One way I have found to help facilitate a conducive openness for this inner examination and seeing (which has already be mentioned, but worthy of repeat), is to simply feel and be aware of what it is to breath, and at the same time be aware of hearing the sounds around us without labeling or thinking about them. When thoughts arise, see them. Are they truly necessary for the tasks at hand, if so then use them and give awareness back to breathing and listening as soon as you can. Are the thoughts unnecessary jabber, judgment and story weaving? If so just kindly recognize them as such and return to the flowing breath and listening. Do this a thousand times a day if need be. But soon you will feel the richness of being present with life; and the mind will become more respectfully silent as being lovingly present with Reality becomes the norm.

Thank you all.

j

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about. Ideas, language, even the phrase each other doesn't make any sense. -- Rumi

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I would like to thank you for bringing this book to my attention. I especially liked the chapter on Discipleship. I love the way he interpretes a scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit