Official JW forum right?!

by TLK 42 Replies latest jw friends

• TLK
    TLK

Hello all,
    I came here expecting to find a range of JW's and check out their beliefs and thinking.

However, what I find is largely disaffected or ex JW's and atheists etc.

With hindsight I am not that surprised either!

Are there so few JW's who believe in the religion and have a voice to air online from the 16 million plus members?

TLK

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are instructed to stay away from the evil internet. We're either "bad" JWs or no longer, here.

• TLK
    TLK

Have they got a verse for that?!

I thought the call was 'to be in the world but not of it'?

• educ8self
    educ8self

http://www.watchtower.org/

There's no forum, they don't even let you write an email - just to indicate you want a bible study and let them know where you live to visit you. See they don't really want to hear what you think, just tell you what they think - you know the kind of people I'm talking about?

• TLK
    TLK

Looks like they won't be hanging out with the sinners like Jesus did then?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Have they got a verse for that?!

"Bad associations spoils useful habits". (Only "bad" folks hang out on the internet)

"Buy out the opportune time for yourselves, for the days are wicked." (Why waste time online when you could be studying for the next meeting?)

Lot's more, but you get the idea. Any scripture can be used to forbid anything, so long as you let the person reading it to you do the interpretation.

Dave

• TLK
    TLK

Looks like they never read the passage that Paul wrote on 'Freedom In Christ' then?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Are there so few JW's who believe in the religion and have a voice to air online from the 16 million plus members?

I thought it was only 6 million - or is this just Baptised JWs?

Anyway, WELCOME aboard. Stay and have a look around.

You'll find many spiritual people here and many who believe in God (the God of the Bible - Jesus' God - "Jehovah / Yahweh").

However, many people here (including the active JWs) have generally decided that "religion" is bad - God is good, but religion is bad. This is fine, as that was pretty much Jesus' take on things with the Pharisees.

He wanted it pure and simple - a relationship between Creator and Creation. That is the goal of many people here.

Oops, imprompt sermon / talk over with.

As I said, WELCOME, stay and take a look around....

• TLK
    TLK

Cool-I agree :)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

TLK

do you have mulitiple personalities

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit