Stay Alive to '75 - MP3 Talk

by AlphaOmega 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse

Wow!

Thank you for this apostate jem

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A native Pennsylvanian, Charles Sinutko received his first congregational assignment in 1955 in Pasadena, CA, and in 1957 he was assigned to Iowa, and then became a traveling minister in 1960, visiting over 100 cities in the United States, and spending what he claimed was 17,000 hours of preaching and shepherding work, then became circuit overseer of some 20 congregations in 1965-1968 in Missouri, then he became circuit supervisor for some 16 congregations in Ohio in 1968, and then worked as a district supervisor (what "district overseers" were called at the time) in the four-state area of Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania in the early 1970s.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    A native Pennsylvanian, Charles Sinutko received his first congregational assignment in 1955 in Pasadena, CA, and in 1957 he was assigned to Iowa, and then became a traveling minister in 1960, visiting over 100 cities in the United States, and spending what he claimed was 17,000 hours of preaching and shepherding work, then became circuit overseer of some 20 congregations in 1965-1968 in Missouri, then he became circuit supervisor for some 16 congregations in Ohio in 1968, and then worked as a district supervisor (what "district overseers" were called at the time) in the four-state area of Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania in the early 1970s.

So he got promotion after this talk in 1967 then ? Amazing

How do you find out all these wonderful things ?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The download isn't working. I click the golden button, but then the page loads into an error.

• educ8self
    educ8self

Theocratic disco anyone?

Whether youre a brother or whether youre a mother,
    Youre stayin alive, stayin alive.
    Feel the city breakin and everybody shakin,
    And were stayin alive, stayin alive.
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive, stayin alive.
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive.

Life goin nowhere. somebody help me.
    Somebody help me, yeah.
    Life goin nowhere. somebody help me, yeah.
    Im stayin alive.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    The download isn't working. I click the golden button, but then the page loads into an error.

Okay... I'll re-upload it.

Back in 5 mins

EDITED TO ADD NEW UPLOAD

http://www.megaphile.com/file/10576/1967-Charles-Sinutko---Serving-With-Everlasting-Life-in-View-mp3.html

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    How do you find out all these wonderful things ?

Courtesy of newspaperarchive.com. Wherever Sinutko went giving talks, the Watchtower's media people were always sure to get something about it in the local newspaper. The newspaper would then print personal info about Sinutko's work for the Watchtower. It is a simple matter of cobbling together the info from all those articles.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Courtesy of newspaperarchive.com. Wherever Sinutko went giving talks, the Watchtower's media people were always sure to get something about it in the local newspaper. The newspaper would then print personal info about Sinutko's work for the Watchtower. It is a simple matter of cobbling together the info from all those articles.

I haven't heard of that website before... I'll take a peek. THANKS

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Thanks, AlphaOmega, that link worked.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    and then worked as a district supervisor (what "district overseers" were called at the time) in the four-state area of Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania in the early 1970s.

News to me as I personally met the man while he was doing the very same work in several southern states in 1972-4. He also gave a speech at an international assembly in Florida during that time. Sunutko was easily the most impressive public speaker I've ever heard.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit