Havn't been to the meeting in a week and a half...

by Anony-Mouse 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

For some reason, we havn't been going to the meeting as regular as we should...

Mom's as brainwashed as they come tho.....I dunno what's going on.

We havn't been going to sunday meetings especially, but mom's work schedule messes it up a a bit.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Good Deal!

I ASS-ume that you and Mom are baptised?

Your homework is to report back here with all the snide comments that the Bros and Sisters make to you because you missed a meeting or two.

A smart-ass might go so far as to say something like "I was here sitting in my seat like always, how strange that you didn't notice me, Brother"

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Your mom is experiencing "dub fatigue." Just about everyone goes through it (and promptly forgets when they judge other people for it). What really grinds my gears is when Circuit Overseers talk about how the meetings are where you need to be if you're fatigued! Ha! Yeah that's easy for you to say Brother-doesn't-work-for-a-living-just-draws-a-stipend-from-the-society-and -gets-his-car-food-and-living-expenses-paid-for-by-the-congregations.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Those meetings are so boring, so not going to them must be something refreshing. They are a waste of time but soon the social control mechanisms will kick in and the dubs will be asking you why you haven't been to the meetings. They usually only contact their fellow dubs to do something in the interests of the org.

• changeling
    changeling

Do the "dance of joy"!

changeling

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

You may find that unless "illness" is given as an excuse for your non attedance at the meetings over the last week then the elders may take a special interest in your and your mum. Perhaps receiving shepherding visits!

Don't feel intimidated by them. The elders hold no power over you!

The power they think they hold is all in their heads!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember when I was going intermittently to throw off the hounders. I would go about once every other week, and they never knew which congregation I would go to. Each would think I might have gone to the other. It helps that I moved and never officially switched congregations.

I haven't been to the meeting in 2 1/2 years. The last meeting I attended was the Crapmorial of 2005. Before that, we had a heat blackout (typical of the Kingdumb Hell climate control systems) in December 2004. Before that, it has to have been sometime in October 2004. And I don't intend to ever go back to the Kingdumb Hell again. It was all a waste of time.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Do the "dance of joy"!

I agree totally!!!!!!!! Enjoy it!!!!! And if any busybody meetings sheperding calls arise ... absent yourself!

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

We missed the sunday meeting today....

And I'm not baptised. Mom never pressured me, or my brothers. But mom was baptized when she was younger, however many millions of years ago that was :P . *gets collectively slapped by every mother alive*

I woke up at 11:30, and thats the time we normally leave. And even tho I was half asleep, I did a little cheer :P . Then I went to sleep again a few seconds later, cuz there's nothing more fun to do, lol.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds like something is up, something good. I think the people at the halls are getting pretty burned out. Good luck to you and your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit