has any1 been left with other issues(alchohol,drugs etc)as a result of life

by xnmad 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Slave1
    Slave1

I went through the drugs and partying. Too much. I was never addicted, because I'm just not wired for it, but some of my friends were. Me and three other witnesses all left about the same time and we all got into stuff. All of us made it. No OD's, well except me one night, but I didn't die. Well, not for long anyway. But I digress. Yes. A lot of Witnesses go a little nutty when they get out. Like when you let a wild animal out of a cage. It just runs. Anywhere. Who cares? Just away. Far. And that's when you can run right into trouble. Like a spring compressed too much, eventually it just pops out and bounces all around the room. It's not your fault, but you are your responsibility. Staying clean is not a remnant of The Organization. It's just a good idea. So stay off the big 3, cocaine, herioin and crystal meth. In fact avoid "chemicals" altogether and don't feel like your missing out on anything, because you're not.

• unique1
    unique1

I usually drink up one weekend night a week. I am dd the other night. After my parents refused to speak to me, I went through a phase of drinking every night until I was able to get past it. Now back to normal.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Does a food addiction/eating disorder count...?

I have big issues with food and dieting and weight and I am definitly an emotional/comfort eater, and I know that this all stems from issues as a child...

Luckily the rest of the bad stuff I have managed to keep under control - either kept things to a social or merely experimental level!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit