The tough decision.

by WLG 5 Replies latest jw friends

• WLG
    WLG

My little quote from the Tao for this one...

"There is no path to happiness, happiness is the path."

I think for the first time I'm about to do something I want to do instead of something I think I have to do. I've been going over it in my head for over a week straight now, this decision. I was thinking I was about to have to move back to my hometown to help look after some things. None of my other family members are able.

To do so means going to a place not only filled with people that hurt or hindered me in the past, but also is saturated by a mentality and way of life I have long left behind me. Every day I would walk out and be reminded of the way things were, the life I peeled away layer by layer over years. Dirty is a word that could describe it… but not the kind of dirty you can wash or mop or shower away…at least not there. Whenever I go it takes me weeks to get back to normal, days just to feel clean again. The people, some of which I will be the first to say are great, are dominated by this view of people and relationships and what is and is not acceptable behavior and treatment of others that I just cannot embrace, nor can I stand in the face of it without expressing my views.

The other issue is the place I am now is not anywhere near as bad…but also somewhere I would never choose to be if allowed to decide freely. I moved here for a life I thought would be wonderful, and it seemed wonderful, but it ended. Not only that, but I have since figured out it was not quite what I thought it was. And now I find myself somewhere I do not smile, I don't feel an urge to do anything except sleep, and I know why. I'm not home.

There is a place I have always felt at home, and always looked up and enjoyed being alive. I was amazed when I went and saw the acceptance of diversity, the freedom to be whoever you are and still fit in. Every time since I have been and wished I could stay longer. So, I've decided to pick back up with my plan to move there instead of putting it off to deal with these other things. I was waiting for someone else to be ready to go before, and since then I think I doubted I could just do it. I just can't bear the thought of living somewhere I'll be so miserable, nor can I stand to wait around for an engraved invitation. Now that I own my own business, and am pretty damn good at it, by the way, I think I'm gonna just pick up my toys and go.

Of course these things can't be done overnight…so now I've got plans to make.

• Scully
    Scully

It sounds like you know what you want, and that you're ready to reach out and grab it. That's awesome! So many people plod through life thinking their dreams will never be a reality, or putting them off until it's too late. If "now" is the right time for you to do this, then that's what you're meant to do.

Living your dream is one of the best feelings ever!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That's great WLG,

I hope all works out for you Good luck and I'm sure things will work out for you. You seem to know what it is you want and just how you are going to go about getting it!

nj

• greendawn
    greendawn

Well done after leaving the dubs you have a clear sense of purpose and direction and you are moving forward on the right path. It's nice to see that you are doing well in life.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

sounds like a healthy choice

to me

purps

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit