Need a cleaner environment friendly car in Texas?

by RisingEagle 4 Replies latest jw friends

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5040779.html

Sorry if you've already seen this. From the article it says that in order to get some of the heavier polluting cars off the roads in certain Texas counties the state will be offering $3k-$3500 vouchers to retire your pre-1996 vehicle. The vouchers are only good for newer cars that cost less than $25k and your income must be under $61k.

I have a bad feeling that the cars they 'retire' will end up for sale here in Oklahoma, sigh.

Eagle

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I realize now that the subject line of my post sounded like a bad spam e-mail and that the subject had nothing to do with JW's. I just couldn't stand seeing my post as the only one on the page without a reply.

Hey! Are you guys shunning me?

Eagle

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

sorry, i just got out my my s.u.v. did you say something? lol

• serendipity
    serendipity

I haven't heard about this. It needs more publicizing. Maybe the cars retired are better than the cars currently running in OK?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Serendipity, what are you saying??? My car has stood by me, through thick and thin. More than any person ever has. I would say, that I have the friendliest car in Oklahoma!!! When we moved, people waved, honked, and smiled. I get really good gas mileage. Especially when I am able to park on a hill, and I can coast downhill, and pop the clutch, to start it, at the bottom.

Bubba got mad and broke the back window, but with the plastic wrap, it is as good as new. So you Texas people, can keep your newfangled cars, I will keep my friendly car.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit