The big 3 from the late 1800's

by Gregor 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Latter Day Saints have their own STATE for crying out loud. They also established one of the most prestigous universities in the country, BYU.

The Seventh Day Adventists operate the best teaching hospitals in the world and crank out world class doctors.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are best known through being the butt of jokes in comedy skits. They are at present scrambling to get their financial act together.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I think they're doing fine financially speaking. (nowhere compared to the LDS)

and JW jokes are nothing to shake a stick at!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Those of us raised in the JW (because we had no choice) are happy for the jokes at least we can laugh at them now!

nj

• Dagney
    Dagney

Differences?

The WBTS do not invest in their flock, and do not encourage education. The other two, got smarter quicker, even with strange belief systems.

IMHO

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i was a jw, the jokes validated the religion for me. I mean, attracting enough attention for jokes put jws up there w ronald regan. Woohoo.

S

• changeling
    changeling

They are all a bunch a hooie!

changeling

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

The Mormons use a bunch of their money for humanitarian efforts and have their own welfare system (rather than living off Gov't welfare)

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Yeah, out of all the high control groups, why couldn't my mom have picked the runt of the litter.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Just wanted to resurrect this as I think Gregor makes a valid point.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We are the Religious Bums and hobo's that never "made it" in the world!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit