Email from my Mom defending WTS, Point/counter point/ Point

by Burger Time 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Alright I simply replied with this. I feel that I am at the point where we are both just treading water. But I felt I had to have some answers from her on a few questions....

Mom all I ask is that you look up the history of the very early Catholic church. Honestly, just go to the library and do a unbiased search of when a hierarchy was introduced, and what kind of language was used to enforce it. Here is a wonderful non biased website http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_ch.htm, I suggest going beyond this website. Look at the early historians. Notice how the church introduced having a divine channel which was opposed to early Christians. If early Christians had a structured organizational leading body, then why would the Catholic church claim be wrong? I felt like I have gone beyond what is needed to prove that no where in the bible was the Jerusalem "council" a end all be all for the early Christians. Now the final nail, is history it's self. Until your willing to open your eyes to this I fear you can't really find the joy and love of having freedom in Christ which Paul spoke of in 2 Corinthians 3:17.

One other question. Should JW's be called Jesus' Witnesses? Since Jehovah gave all power and authority to Jesus, shouldn't it be he who all glory is directed too? Why was Paul fine with being called a "Christian"? One definition says this:

"the name given by the Greeks or Romans, probably in reproach, to the followers of Jesus ("little Christ's!"). It was first used at Antioch. The names by which the disciples were known among themselves were "brethren," "the faithful," "elect," "saints," "believers." But as distinguishing them from the multitude without, the name "Christian" came into use, and was universally accepted. This name occurs but three times in the New Testament (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16)."

So if the most important aspect of the ministry is Jesus' coming to power, why not glorify his name by being known as his followers? What is the questioned asked the most of JW's? Is it not, "do you believe in Jesus". Why do they ask that? I think it is without a shadow of a doubt because they take the name "Jehovah's Witnesses". Doesn't this bring reproach in it's self on Jesus? Aren't you making a false witness just in name?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit