grad school

by John Doe 13 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, tomorrow is the first day of orientation and my first legal research and writing course. I don't know what law school will consist of, but I'm anxious to find out. I can hardly believe I've been out of school since December. At the rate I'm going I will be 31 before I'm even qualified to enter my profession. I'm going to have to stop thinking like that--makes me feel old!

Cheers to another school year!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hey John Doe, 31 is not that bad. It is great you have the opportunity. Enjoy!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Thanks. I don't suspect I'll know much about enjoyment for the next few years though. ;-) I'm afraid I'm going to have to work on my people skills to be good at this. Oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ha ha

• Tara
    Tara

Congratulations! Good for you!

The time is going to go by anyways, so you might as well be in school and make it count for something.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Congrats John Doe. Hope you have a great year.

Remember, you'll be 31 no matter what anyway. Now you'll be 31 with a degree;)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

congrats John Doe

you probably wont be able to post as much

purps

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Sweet JD! I'm sure you'll be kept very busy but I hope to hear from you from time to time.
    You'll make one heck of a lawyer someday but I'm betting you already know that.

• Mum
    Mum

Well, JD, I have not attended law school, but I have worked in many attorneys' offices. In law school, they teach you about torts and libel and wills and codicils and trusts and bankruptcy and teach you to be a jerk.

What they don't teach you, apparently, is how to run your business after you graduate. Young women with only a high school diploma are expected to know all of the ins and outs of when pleadings are due in court/deadlines, filing fees, proper format for documents and so on.

Do you know what your specialty will be? Maybe you'll give me a job after you graduate. You'll be 31; I'll be more like 71.

Regards,

SandraC

• free2think
    free2think

Congrats John Doe. I hope your first day goes well.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

Hi!

My thoughts are with you at the start of your course!

I have just graduated with a masters (LLM)! 2 years of work and no social life! But done now! Hurrah!

What topics are you studying?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit