Terms used by witnesses that are unique

by Shawn10538 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I want to compile a list of terms that JWs use that are different from known meanings of these terms. Here's a few easy ones to get us started:

pioneer
    study
    generation
    truth
    cult
    service
    the society
    the brothers
    the sisters
    the friends
    KM
    PO
    MS
    GB
    meeting
    auxillary pioneer
    elder
    annointed
    FDS
    Judicial committee
    reproof/reproved
    DFd
    DAd...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

is that a typical list or is it the antitype?

• changeling
    changeling

CO, DO, Branch Overseer(is that BO for short), KM School, MTS, special pioneer, prophetic foregleams, type and anti-type, seared conscience/ Bible trained conscience, right heart condition, sheeplike ones, World Empire of False Religion

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Great! Keep em coming.

• changeling
    changeling

other sheep, great crowd, earthly hope, heavenly hope, remnant, annointed, little flock,new system, new order, adamic sin, original sin,

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A lot of these of these terms are simply differen't words for things that mean the exact same thing in other churches. DFing is the same as excommunicating. Instead of going to church, they go to meetings. They give them their own special name so that there is a feeling of uniqueness. They must be the only true religion because they are the only ones doing these things.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

"Demonized"- It's a word I haven't heard anyone use since leaving

"Stumbled"- watch those paisley ties Brothers... someone may get stumbled!

"Theocratic"

"Worldly"

• changeling
    changeling

marking, Hospital Liason , RBC,

• changeling
    changeling

theocratic warfare, spiritually weak/strong, inactive, irregular,

• Scully
    Scully

One that I find kind of disturbing and I've heard several times is "gone", when referring to someone being DFd without actually saying "disfellowshipped".

<Name> was "gone" for a couple of years, but finally came to their senses and started serving Jehovah again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit