Anyone have a 2004 Santa Fe???

by still_in74 3 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

Hey all, I am hoping any other Santa Fe owners can help me here.

I have a 2004 Santa Fe. It is stalling while driving and almost immediately restarts. I have a 4 cyl. std. so it actually seems to stall and bump start itself right after. This problem seems to go away after about 10 min of driving. This is a clean stall, as if I turned the key off and right back on. Has anyone heard of this on the 2004 Santa Fe with the 4cyl. std???

I am booked for 10am tomorrow and the service guy said he had "never heard of that before" - so I am worried I am going to get taken.

I have checked auto forums and heard something about the camshaft position sensor possibly causing this.

Has anyone had a similar problem with a Santa Fe??

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rekless
    rekless

It maybe a catylitic convertor plugged. It will cause ppoor performance, stalling and

lost of power.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I have a 2004 Santa Fe, but its the 2.7 V6. Here's what I found: The CPS problem you mentioned is related to the Delta (diesel) engine that is or was sold in Australia only. I found a very small blurb way, way down at the bottom of this guys review that sounds more like your issue. If I don't link this correctly in a nutshell it was his throttle position sensor. Condensation would accumulate overnight on the sensor effectively causing a short when the vehicle was started the next day. He doesn't mention the cost of the sensor or the labor, but the problem stopped when it was replaced.

Eagle

http://www.epinions.com/content_104055148164

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Condensation would accumulate overnight on the sensor effectively causing a short when the vehicle was started the next day.Eagle
    http://www.epinions.com/content_104055148164

this sounds like my issue, the link worked. thanks so much, I will call Hyundai about this today to get them thinking before I bring it in. Thanks alot!!!!

Rekless......... Thanks for your post. I have had a plugged CC on another vehicle and I can see how my explanation could sound like a plugged cat. My experience with that however was very dramatic stalls and surges after the vehicle got hot. Letting off the gas avoided the stall. In this instance, the problem actually goes away after it gets hot.

thanks for the posts guys... I love this forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit