I Need a Sermon--I'm starving for some spiritual food!

by journey-on 34 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Get to know the truth and the truth will set you free. The JW truth enslaves therefore it can't be the genuine truth. It is a lie.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Well, not quite a sermon, but here are a couple of scriptures that I find useful. ;) I'll quote them from the NWT for nostalgia.

Prov.27:22 Even if you should pound the foolish one fine with a pestle in a mortar, in among cracked grain, his foolishness will not depart from him.

Prov.13:20 He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.

Cellist

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I like this guy's online sermons in MP3;

http://www.joncourson.com/

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I guess not MP3 but streaming audio would be more correct.

Jeff

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Why, bless you for asking!

I'll just pass on something I told a nice man that I met today – I was at the Berkeley fleamarket, and a sweet guy was playing trumpet outside the BART station (the fleamarket is in the parking lot). He had a lot of concerns about "staying pure," "not being attached," and "staying positive."

I gave him a couple of simple conjure tricks, because sometimes too often, when he meditates, he's forced to deal with "the negative" – childhood demons, old misapprehensions, bitter life lessons. You know I believe in bigger and better Ooga Booga, so I told him to tell his spiritual allies: "I need happiness and rejoicing just as much as I need these hard life lessons."

And that word pure jumped up and hit me on the ear, so I told him: "You have to be pure something – pure pain, pure hell, purely ignorant – best to be purely yourself. Because, if we are all part of the divine – if God expresses Itself as you, in your existence – then "my will" is already aligned with, or a subset of, "Thy will" – your will is already a part of God's will. So all you really need to do is to align that piece of God's will with pleasure, kindness, and the Golden Rule."

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit