I think the fade is working.

by R.F. 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• penny2
    penny2

There are so many advantages in going to college.

Apart from learning a skill and meeting new people, there will be longer periods of time where you are not thinking about JW-related matters. And you are still young too - easier to learn than when you get older.

Good luck, R.F. Sounds like your life is going in the right direction.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"They're the only ones i'm always glad to see, so hopefully I won't ever have to disassociate and lose them. "

I tried to hang on to a couple of friendships, people in the org. I just liked as people. Unfortunately, eventually the org. forces them to choose between friends and "jehovah." In the end, they chose the religion over the friendship, so don't be hurt if that happens to you too.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    I tried to hang on to a couple of friendships, people in the org. I just liked as people. Unfortunately, eventually the org. forces them to choose between friends and "jehovah." In the end, they chose the religion over the friendship, so don't be hurt if that happens to you too.

And that's very sad. That's why I try not to become too dependent on those friendships, because the organization will always come before me.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I hope your grandma is okay. Keep me updated!

I see you're online tonight after your beer run? Are you on AIM? I think I might mix a vodka cranberry - yum :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    "The congregation needs you even though they did you wrong.

Maybe they should have thought about that before repeatedly doing you wrong.

• R.F.
    R.F.

So true WTWizard. I for sure don't feel needed by them anymore.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

R.F. I hope your mom is doing ok.

nj

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    i'm gaining the reputation in the congregation as being one of those that were super strong in the truth but is falling away.

What is really happening, R.F.

Aren't you becoming super strong in your FAITH, but falling away from the cult?

Way to go, bro.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I hate how the Witnesses justify treating their members like crap with "well it's just imperfect men!" I'm sorry, but even though I no longer believe the Bible, I do know that the words of Jesus were "By this you will know they are my disciples, if they have love among themselves." (paraphrased) The Bible says that we are to judge the true religion by the love that it displays toward its members. Many fail to see this elusive "love" in any congregation they encounter. I think if you visit the majority of the congregations you won't see any love at all. This is a real problem that cannot be swept under the carpet with the "imperfect men" excuse.

• moshe
    moshe

Good luck- just don't be seen doing anything questionable or having any worldly fun that could get you invited to a meeting with the elders at the KH. Your best chance now is put some distance between you and all who know you personally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit