Watchtower Changes- Pointed Counsel - what -speculate

by stillajwexelder 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

We all know that the Watchtower Changes are supposed to allow more "Pointed Counsel". This will be coming quite soon - I already have my September magazines - so only 6 more issues and we will be into the January 2008 issues. What are some of the issues that may be addressed in this pointed counsel?

I personally think private bedroom matters might surface again (this would be a turn-off and show cult status to the public)

I also think there will be more direct begging for contributions (this would be a turn-off and show cult status to the public)

I think there will be more "shaming" the brothers into pioneering

I also think they will be a real big downer on Higher Education

What do you all think?

• choosing life
    choosing life

More council about the internet, also cultlike.

More specific counsel about inactive or fading ones.

A trend to paranoia respecting "the evil ones amomg us". (very cultish)

• wednesday
    wednesday

Surely they do not really think a publisher copy will not surface on the net?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

To be honest....

When I was still active, I actually thought "Why don't they make a separate magazine for members, or just quit giving out Watchtowers in field service? The words and subject matter used in the current Watchtower is completely foreign and impossible to understand for worldly people, so why even bother presenting them in the field service?"

So as you can see - I would have welcomed this change. And maybe that's the only reason they do this too. Then again, it could be as most people here believe, that it is done because it will be easier to put out more "cultish" material.

And - I think they're partly doing this to prevent apostates from using the material. A little gullible in that case.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has the phrase "more pointed counsel" actually been used?

I agree with those who see this merely as a cost saving measure. Any notion to include "more pointed counsel" in the Witness edtion was an afterthought and not the main motivation.

Slim

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Surely they do not really think a publisher copy will not surface on the net? It will just not be as readily available to the general public- most members of the general public are not likely to go on the web just to find out what is in the non-public version of the WT

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Has the phrase "more pointed counsel" actually been used?

Yes it was read from the letter and has been in the Kingdom Ministry. Yes and the letter was posted on our notice board.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    most members of the general public are not likely to go on the web just to find out what is in the non-public version of the WT

That has to be understatement of the week or something.

Slim

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't think it will be done right away in the very first Kool-Aid issue, but I think they are going to focus more on "giving generously in these last hours of the last days"....more of your time and especially more of your $$$. I think there is going to be more information about how to include the org in one's financial planning and will.

• ninja
    ninja

the UN will be the wild beast again...out of the eyes of the public

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit