I need your opinion on the WT pedophile cover up

by TooBad TooSad 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

The Catholic Church knows that it has a problem with many of its priest who have been proven

to be pedophiles. Millions of dollars have been paid out to the victims. I have many friends who

are Catholic and they are disapointed in their Church however they are still strong Catholics and

would not think about missing their church services. If fact, even with all of their problems, I

believe that the Catholic Church is having a tremendous growth rate.

Now concerning the Witnesses, who have always pointed an accusing finger at the churches, if they

would just admit that there is a problem with pedophiles in the organization and it is being delt with,

and that the victims have received monetary compensation for thier suffering, there would be alot

of shock in the organization and many would stop going to meetings. However I believe that, like in the

Catholic Church, that by far the majority would remain faithful to the WT doctrine. What really honks me off

is that the WT will not admit any guilt and the millions of Witnesses will continue to believe that

they are so much better than the churches and when any of the evidence is brought to their attention

they will deny it as being factual. Do you agree with this?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Two of your statements, I think, are exaggerations. First of all, I don't think that "many" catholic priests are pedophiles. It's not the quantity or percentage of that profession that horrifies, but the despicable act itself. One is too many. The shame also of course, was the years of denial and coverup.

Second, I don't think the Catholic church is enjoying dynamic growth. I do think an organization pays for bad behavior. I agree there will always be a forgiving faithful core, but the dynamism fades. http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=BarnaUpdate&BarnaUpdateID=133

• theMartian
    theMartian

To imply that we cover over Evil like molestation has NO tie with Reality- it is a VERY difficult problem- even with NON-religious organizations.

How can anyone CONDEMN someone- and ruin their life- when we can't read hearts- and know with absolute CERTAINLY if someone did something in privacy?????

I admire our HQ for being so cautious; it indicates that they are conscious of the fact that they will have to answer to Christ for their actions!

It's as much a nightmare to us as it is to the victims of such depravity! Yet the brutal fact is that there are endless factors that can make it appear someone was guilty of something they never did- I've SEEN it!

You and all the other anti-witnesses sniveling about that almost make ME believe in Hellfire for you and the molesters- and whatever sect you belong to.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

To get this out of the way first - jgnat have you been taken roids, cause you look very different these days?

As for the statement about Catholics. Well, as far as the ones I know, it was common knowledge that certain priests had problems w/ the young boys. If you were old school (like from the Ol Sod) you hoped your son was not messed with, but knew that it could happen. This did not change the ones I know that were raised Catholic and they are still very good Catholics.

As for JWs ... the WTBTS will not admit to something unless it suits their agenda. What would frighten me is if they did admit to it, because I would wonder what they were up to. For the current rank and file, they will say that these things happened long ago and that Jah has now straightened it out and the elders must call the cops instead of "dealing with it w/i the congo". To them that is the big hurdle, not the "two witness rule". Most JWs think that the average person is hung up on the idea that the elders never reported it. They do not understand that it is not just one issue, it is a multi-level problem. Elders reported it to the WTBTS and keeping it hidden. The victim being made to feel like they are either liars or have brought it upon themselves. The WTBTS keeping track of these people but keeping it quiet. And the judicial system never becoming aware or involved in the problem so as to get the perv out of the hall, out of our neighborhoods and into prison.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    How can anyone CONDEMN someone- and ruin their life- when we can't read hearts- and know with absolute CERTAINLY if someone did something in privacy?????

Mad Martian,

You would, perhaps, be surprised at the meticulous way these investigations are conducted and the sophisticated forensic procedures used. Yet, most accusations are thrown out, not because they are false, but because they cannot be supported with the available evidence. Therefore, when a prosecution of child molestation is successful, you can be reasonably sure that it is substantiated by the evidence. For example, physical examinations and forensic psychological exams, conducted by professionals specifically trained in child abuse investigation techniques can produce very reliable evidence. (I worked directly with investigators in this field for 5 years. Heartbreaking and depressing work it is, too.)

I'm sure you will find the 5,000 pages of court documents referenced on this board to be very eye-opening, Martian.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I would like to see, for once in my life, the smug, holier-than-thou, better than you, crap kicked

out of the Witnesses. Sitting thru their meetings while the speakere and those giving comments ,

saying how good they are, and how bad the churches and world are, makes be ill.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

martian, your the kind of jack-off that gives these jerks their power. i love how you all can attack every other religion, but, when the crap hits the fan about your precious cult, you people turn a blind eye.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Mad,

You dissapoint me.

Here I thought that possibly you could be open-minded about how the GB really is, (funny that you chose the word HQ).

While it is noble to protect the innocent men accused, how often are those who are accused actually innocent?

The children have no voice, they only have their words against an adults. Adults lie all the time. Children do not lie about being touched.

Those who do lie are coerced into doing so by an adult with an agenda. How often does that happen?

Why are you defending the adults, who have all the power, and not the children?

• BFD
    BFD

Mad Martian,,

I was waitung for you to come out of the wood work. What has happened with regard to the cover-up is indefensable. I'm not good with scripture as you know but, I do remember something Jesus said about a rafter in your own eye.

The WT$ needs to take it's licks on this one.

BFD

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Why are you defending the adults, who have all the power, and not the children?

Is it just me or has it occurred to anyone else, that there may well be child molesters on this very board?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit