No Windows...

by tan 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

What reason did you hear as to why there are no windows at the hall...

1.) Saves energy...

2.) Sound systems were being stolen so for security reasons there were no windows...

Can we all say Mind Controlling Cult!!!

• KW13
    KW13

erm, well i never really gave it much thought but it is true that Kingdom Hall windows are very small in the majority of cases and in some extremes dont even exist (i've seen that in Swindon Congregation).

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

This has come up again and again on this board. First, it's not really true - there have been windows in every KH I've ever been associated with.

Keeping them small aids with heating/cooling and discourages vandalism.

I would imagine that in urban areas, few or no windows would be a safety factor.

S4

• yesidid
    yesidid
    This has come up again and again on this board. First, it's not really true - there have been windows in every KH I've ever been associated with.

Exactly my thoughts and experience.

yesidid

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

'Cause they like Macs better. heh.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They don't want passers by to look in and see all the hot sex that's taking place on the platform.

W

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The hall I went to back in Cleveland in the 70's had big beautifull windows.

• JH
    JH

Maybe it's cheaper to insure the building ???

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is true that all the Hells I have been in have had windows. However, the newer ones may well have either very tiny windows or none at all; that could be in certain regions, they have windows and other areas they have none. This could be up to the regional building committee--with the disunity of the religion, it is not surprising that some congregations have windows and others have none.

One reason I think of is that they don't want people looking out the window. They are distracted if there is any traffic outside. That first nice mild day of spring is always a temptation that they don't want distracting people. Then there is rain, snow, the leaves changing in fall, wind, and other things that happen outside that people might pay more attention to than the boring talks that are clones of the same talk elsewhere.

Anyone who currently has a Hell with windows might not like what's coming ahead. The Society could decide that it is wrong for any Hell to have windows, and abolish them everywhere. Then there will be a rash of new Hell builds, since they have to get rid of those demonized windows. This change could happen at any time once the Kool-Aid Puketowers start coming out. It could happen early next year, or it could be several years out. But there is a good chance that they will totally phase out windows in areas where they currently have them, if for no other reason than to eliminate any distractions.

• brinjen
    brinjen

In Oz, every KH I've ever seen has windows, big windows and lots of them.

I'm guessing for those in the States that don't it would be more of a security/insurance reason that anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit