The answer

by RAF 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

Sometimes we look for an answer from one question and we actually find the answer from an other question.

Did it happens to you in one or serveral matter(s)?
    What was it about?
    What was the process (the questioning and where it leads you to)

I won't participate to this tread (I just simply would like to know about your experience)

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

If Your speaking about answers to questions of the heart, the answers lie within you. I have always taken a scientific approach, using logic wherever I can. Thats means shutting off the emotional side of yourself and meditating by shutting off the noise. Shutting offf the noise means not listening to the distractions in the world that divert us from our true desires.This helps to focus on the questions of the heart that perplex. Going through a range of questions to yourself and getting at the core of how you really feel by being honest even if it is painful , requires a semi conscious state. This is the best setting to probe with these questions, as the sub conscious is far more powerful at answering the deeper more painful issues.

Sometimes in life we go through what is known as a paradigm shift and it changes the way we veiw matters forever and brings up new questions. Like John Lennon said, " Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans." if I remember correctly.

I hope I understood your question correctly but thats my procedure.

• DJK
    DJK

For nearly a year now I have been searching for answers and I didn't know the questions. Something inside was building and ready to erupt.

Creativity was an answer. I started to write and I'm working on a stained glass peice I call "Friendship in glass."

A missing childhood was another answer. So now the questions appear.

Unfortunatley I have to self medicate myself to release this creativity and ease the sensation of bursting. I think a writer may understand that.

It all sounds and feels insane and fortunately if I get too insane and over medicated at the same time, I can walk to a nearby facility with padded rooms.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

DJ just reminded me too. Sometimes we don't know the questions. Sometimes reality is too painful for us to handle on a consious level. There is an old saying that when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

• DJK
    DJK
    when the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Truth learned from experience. Thanks Ty.

• RAF
    RAF

Thanks for sharing (interesting BTW) ...

Well you can put whatever you want into this topic since you feel that it is related in a way or another (in fact that's what it's all about)

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The purpose of phychiatry is to to medicate one into a state of receptiveness towards answers and insights about yourself. In my sessions I was a raging and my emotional state was unreceptive to insights and answers at the time. It was only years later that certain things he had said impacted me. My subconscious was ready for it. I was always distressed about how long it was taking for me to get things. I think the amount of unansered hurt, and damage in life one endures, and how they are able to process it before it piles up, will determine the speed at which one progreses to differnt levels of maturity and understanding. I see the witnesses as having set me back 20 years in this process of understanding self.

• RAF
    RAF

Tyrone : The purpose of phychiatry is to to medicate one into a state of receptiveness towards answers and insights about yourself

Interesting I thought that the reason why they would heavely medicated someone in psychatrie was to get them asleep I mean somehow to rest about thinking ... it's actually somewhere in the middle (slow down the process) ... thanks for the info ...

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yes Raf, In some cases depending on how severe your situation, some are medicated so that they don't do harm to themselves or others. I shludn;t have generalised.Everyones barriers to insights are different , some worse than others. Alot of Docs have meds that they favour, but I've also read that the companies that produce them offer doctors trrips etc if they use cdrtains brands on their patients. Schizophrenia is a whole different ballgame that requires heavier anti pychotics. I don't know much about therapy in conjunction with therapy however. In my case they perscribed clonazpam which is a bensodiapene. It cut off the flow of adrenaline to the heart and relaxes you. I don't know why but it sure didn't relax me.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Sorry part of that should read I don't know about therapy in conjunction with schizophrenic meds. People with less sever emotional disturbances may just opt to see a phycholgist for insights. This a route I think my suit me more at this time. I find the board helps a lot though. Dam I have a hard time getting my ass into these places though. I find it very intense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit