Being afraid

by ex-nj-jw 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

When I was a little girl, I was very afraid of thunderstorms - every time we had one I thought it was Armageadon (did I spell that right?).

So what were you afraid of? What made you think the "BIG A" was here? Or were you anxiously awaiting it?

nj

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Demons.

Especially in my Nana's basement.

• R.F.
    R.F.

As a child i'd have to say the severe thunderstorms were what got me afraid of the Big A. My dad always reminded me of just how strong Jehovah was and how storms like that are a foregleam of what the extermination would be like and how miserable most of the globe's population would be.

I'm surprised i'm not insane now............

or am I?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yeah nvr, demons - they were always waiting for me at the top of the stairs by the bathroom

R.F. - I think we are all a little insane - comes with being raised JW

nj

• free2think
    free2think

Ok this is going to sound really weird but anyway here goes.....

I was always afraid when they would take about peace on the news b/c wts used to say when they declare peace and security then the end will come. I used to think along as they dont declare that then i have time to be a better person. This was what scared me from a very early age.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

wolves.

• BFD
    BFD

Thuderstorms mostly. I was never really afraid of demons because I knew how to get rid of them...

"Beatlejuice, Beatlejuice, Beatlejuice" or something like that.

BFD

• Sassy
    Sassy

whenever i saw an adventure movie.. (Independance Day for example) and they showed the catastrophy of destruction beginning.. it always worried me.. reminded me of the old orange Paradise book pictures... and of course even when I was an active dub I still thought I was unworthy.. thus afraid I might be one of those people who slip in the sidewalk cracks..

I was afraid of course to tell anyone

• brinjen
    brinjen

Free2Think, you don't sound weird to me at all. I'd get worried about talk of peace as well. I was convinced armageddon was right around the corner

• JK666
    JK666

If a politician said anything resembling "Peace and Security." JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit