Turkeys (pic)

by garybuss 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I've got a wild turkey over here I've been keeping an eye on.

alt

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i shot my own turkey for thanksgiving once.

man were those people in the supermarket pissed.

• loosie
    loosie

That is awesome Gary.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Great pic! I live at the base of the Cascade mtns on 8 secluded acres and everyday we get visited by some type of wild critter. Right now we have four deers and two yearling bucks that made our property thier home. The elk herd has been comming through very early in the morning and leaving thier hoof prints and meadow muffins.

I could not imagine living in the burbs or city and seeing the critters out the window every day. Although I do wish the coyotes would go to bed a bit earlier. They can be obnoxious when two packs start yipping at each other until 3:00 AM.

Those gobblers must be somewhat tame to get even that close to them.

• garybuss
    garybuss

We put some cracked corn out and the turkeys like that better than the seeds.

• KW13
    KW13

Badgers can get pretty nasty...

BTW nice pictures Gary.

• poppers
    poppers

From juni: "I live in the 'BADGER' state - Wisconsin"

Me too. As you probably know, but others may not, we are called the "Badger" state not because of the animal but because of the lead miners in southern Wisconsin in the 1800's - their mines were burrowed into the hillsides, reminiscent of a badger hole.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a nice picture it reminds us that turkeys weren't originally a European bird but came over from the new world. People in villages have turkeys with chickens and ducks but they are not wild like these are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit