BurnTheShips

So familiar and overwhelmingly warm
    This one, this form I hold now.
    Embracing you, this reality here,
    This one, this form I hold now, so
    Wide eyed and hopeful.
    Wide eyed and hopefully wild.

We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
    Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...
    This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
    This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
    We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside
    This holy reality, this holy experience.
    Choosing to be here in
    This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
    All this pain is an illusion.

Alive, I

In this holy reality, in this holy experience.

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
    Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
    Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
    All this pain is an illusion.

• BFD
    BFD

Nice poem BTS.

Crumpet I came back here to see if you had replied yet. I hope you're OK. Please check in, luv.

BFD

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Wow - some really interesting posts! In fact some of the best most thought out posts I've read on this board.

Parip

This little packet of time, called my life, is all my own.

That is such an enchanting way of putting, so cleverly understated.

Open Mind

Let's say you build a career in............... Accounting. I pick that because I can't think of another job that would bore me more. Consider that the worst case scenario. If you get the practical aspects of your life in order, you'll then have the freedom to pursue other interests. Right now I'm thinking of one particular accountant (by day) who is a phenomenal jazz musician by night. If he found out he was dying in a few weeks, I don't think he'd have too many regrets even though many strangers might judge his life as "boring".

I love that you're a part of this community Crumpet. I don't know if that's of any comfort to you either, but I'm certainly not the first to say it. Chin up and all that. We're always here for you.

Open Mind

And I thought mine was the most boring job in the world - LOL! And yes my friend it is a great comfort to me. In many respects the only comfort. And thank you for bumping me!

Tyrone

I think we both need to be drugged

LOL - for sure! I'd love to see your "babies" some day - you did promise me pics!

Thanks for remembering me Nvr !

((((unique1)))))

Very concise. I guess I am a 5. When I think of dying I have panic attacks, because I know there is NO way of knowing for a fact what will happen until it does happen. I can't understand why I have this wonderful mind if I can't even figure out if there is an afterlife or not. I just give up and wait out the panic attacks.

I know how those panic attacks feel - I hope someone is there to hold your hand from time to time. 5go - did you know that I am a werewoman. Oh awakened - where to begin!! I like you a lot!

This was my chance; I already won the lottery, and the prize was life. I had been promised something more, but it isn't there. I was promised there would be cookies in the kitchen cabinet if I behaved, but the bottom of the cabinet fell out and it's empty. I can cry about it "Give me my cookies!!", I can be in denial "What!? No cookies!?", I can bargain about it "Please! I'll do anything - just tell me there are cookies!" - - - but no matter what I do, the cabinet is just as empty. Doesn't matter how unfair it may be.

And I started thinking of in what capacity I could "live on" after I die, like you describe Crumpet. Well - I'm artistic. My drawings and paintings could perhaps live on after I'm dead? And ideally, affect other people's emotions? That would be a nice legacy. Having said that, I thought of the most famous people through history; Mozart, Michaelangelo, Da Vinci, Einstein, Elvis...! Etc. All dead. And although they did a lot of good for the generations to come, they're just as dead. The fact that I know their names and look at or listen to their art don't help them any. So what's the point? No matter what I do in life, chances are I'm totally forgotten within a thousand years, even if I'm really successful in what I do. And if you wait long enough, the Sun will burn out and even if mankind flees, the universe will eventually dissipate and all human life will have expired.

You are very funny and articulate. I shall be paying extra attention to your posts from now on - keep the standard up! Greendawn

For the atheists there is no other outcome except a temporary existence followed by eternal non existence not a nice prospect but what can we do they say, better be realistic and accept this pessimistic outcome rather than dream of the myth of a soul and eternal life.

For the Christian there is the resurrection so death is not eternal.

I think the interesting this is that when I wrote that piece I still believed in God. Hortensia - when are you going to an apostafest! How exciting! I am sure you will be very liked.

If I'm really down I try to go about my business, but along the way I try to find some treasure, something to read, something to look at, even some little doodad at a junk store, a funny slogan, a cool bumper sticker, some really tasty gossip, a new idea, or I drive down a new street.

I'm a lot older than you are, I believe, and where I once would have tried poetry I now try staring through green leaves at deep blue sky.

your friend, Hortensia (of the I'm going to my first apostafest la la la class)

I love how you manage and cultivate your optimism. And LOL at "some really tasty gossip" - someone hasnt been reading her watchtower lately!!! You have sold me on that book - Green Mansions. I havent seen the movie either! AK-Jeff!

You are able to fondle words into pleasure for the cortex.

Thats one of the most beautifully worded compliments I have ever received. And it aroused me! James Thomas

Realization of your natural authentic Self, is all you need. It's here always. It just needs to be seen.

j

This sentence reminds me of a motto that I and a group of friends had when I was 16 - Self Realization is the way to Salvation, which became a mantra to us. Richie, my love - I love love how you put things. God I cannot wait to meet you. I think it will be very emotional. Your private message of earlier was so beautiful. I can't tell you how proud I am to be your sister. People like you make life worth living - you make it so incredibly rich.

De inimico non loquaris sed cogites : Don't wish ill for your enemy; plan it. Not necessarily encouraging vengeful thinking- but part of conquering each day is also showing people who's boss. Don't worry with wishful thinking- make plans. A drop of determination is worth more than a handful of hope. Set goals, and then knock them over as you run past. There's no need to worry about things. Do things. Leave a long list of accomplishments behind you. That can be your legacy.

If I remember correctly, we're both Atheists. That means that instead of looking to God, we have to look in a mirror. Be who you want to be. Love yourself. Narcissism isn't a crime. Have faith in you, because in the end, you're all you've got.

Thank you quietly leaving! I probably do have enough to make a book - in fact my diaries are several books in themselves. One day when I feel I have something worth putting together. For now I really enjoy posting here and reading what others have to say.

took off for a day alone, riding my bike along the yukon river, I sat, thought, cried, agonized. It was on this day that I came to a feeling of peace, I sat by the river thinking about who my brother was, what a lovely person he was, and knew at that moment in my heart and soul that he was at peace. I felt peace come over myself sitting there that day, it no longer mattered that I had no definite belief in anything. I intuitively knew that since he was a good person, that if there was a god, god would know this. If there was a place we go to after death, wherever he was, it was a good place. I believed in nothing, but had faith in the goodness of the universe to treat him well, wherever he was.

Learningtofly - this was a really comforting post. I'm so glad you've joined this board - you are an undoubted asset!

I know I will never forget you as long as I am alive and even after I'm gone if it's possible, I will always remember you.

Thank you, crumpet, for being you!

Love,

Will

BFD - you are so kind and such a warm person. I cant believe you dug out or even remembered that old post. It was written long after the words I wrote above back in 2004. My perspective on things has changed in many ways.

Oooops.. it is a giant brick

I've been chuckling at this all day Open Mind and Learningtofly. Burningships _ who wrote that poem. Its really special. It breathes.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

going to the apostafest at PEC's tomorrow - when I told my never-been-a-JW friends about it, they thought it had something to do with spaghetti.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

RichieRich,

I want to make sure that every night, when my head hits the pillow, that day has my name tattooed on its ass, and the next day is shaking in fear as it knows it will soon be dealt with similarly.

LOL! May I use this as a .sig file? May I put your actual name on it?

gently feral

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wishing to needed and part of this happy family ....

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit