what dreams may come

by knock knock 6 Replies latest jw friends

• knock knock
    knock knock

Few and farrrrrrr between are my Armageddon dreams but the other night one shewed up out of nowhere. Can't remember what led up to it but the pertinent part is this. At one point others are around and there's a very distressed feeling; then it happens. All the power goes out. I remember looking at a TV as this happened and the sensation was as if everything had simply congealed. Very different, a feeling that you just knew that it was worldwide and god took control of it all and shut it down tight. Now what would be the next logical thing? I woke up. But, I know what was next...TV comes back on and then comes the message from god that this is it. Now it's over. Sinking feeling. Very OuterLimitzy.

When I was little the dreams were of armies after us and invading our homes. Helicopters landing all around... Reading The Diary of Anne Frank in school just made it seem that much more plausible too.

Do I put stock in this type of thing? Nope. This is what was put in our heads for years so it's going to turn up every now and then, I just try not to eat pizza late at night! :)

So what sort of torments visit you from time to time in dreamland?

• LostorFound
    LostorFound

Crazy! I had an Armageddon dream just two nights ago. First one I have had in years. I guess it's due to my recent mental activity concerning the first twenty years of my life that I have ignored for the last 10.

Anyway, mine was very strange. All the power was out as in yours, but Armageddon was a small toranado, but only about a tall as me and nothing but wind. There was no debris or anything in it but I distictly remember the destructive force I knew this little torando contained. it was in my living room swirling around me and I think my mom was there (she is still JW). I was able to talk to it, and I was trying to reason with it. I wasn't in fear or anything. I felt very relaxed.

The end. Sorry, thats all I remember!

• chappy
    chappy

TWO people having an Armageddon dream for the first time in years with similar scenerios. This can't be coincidence! One more sign that the end is near....

chappy

• Tara
    Tara

TWO people having an Armageddon dream for the first time in years with similar scenerios. This can't be coincidence! One more sign that the end is near....

Hahahahaha. Too funny!

• poppers
    poppers

The only recurrent dream I have is this: I am back in school (sometimes college) and there is about a week or two of school remaining and suddenly I realize that I haven't attended my English/Social Studies/Math class all semester

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You think an Armageddon dream is bad? Try this: I somehow find myself inside a Kingdumb Hell about a half hour before the meeting is going to start, and then change my mind and decide to not attend that meeting after all. About that time, the hounders start showing up and making it impossible to escape the Hell without a storm of questions. On occasion, I find out that I have a part to boot.

At least the dreams of the a$$emblies usually turn out where I am at the intermission and wonder how I got there in the first place (usually without having prepared with anything like Bibles and literature). Often, the subject will change abruptly or I will find myself just wandering around different sections of seating. It is a relief if it changes suddenly to a school session or church, but not if they start singing Kingdumb Sxxx. (Which I have dreampt that there were pieces in excess of 6 minutes: the longest is 4:15).

Another nightmare is where I find myself in the middle of a weeklong stay with my former lead hounder's house. Usually, the place is not configured correctly but I can tell that that is where I am. Often the family is out of town for that week. Occasionally I find it changing to where I have moved to another apartment. (And find myself delinquent in the first month's rent with no way to contact the landlord to pay it).

I prefer the ones where I am in the middle of setting up the Christmas decorations (I had them where I was in the middle of taking them down but somehow stalled). Or, where I find myself in another church or back to school or college. Anything that has nothing to do with going to meetings or out in service (at least in the service dreams, I am never prepared and not even dressed appropriately). Ahh, the disjointed life of a Jehovah Witless.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

This morning I was dreaming or having a nightmare about trying to get handcuffs on an inmate who was fighting me and getting away and me and my partner were chasing him. We'd catch him but we couldnt get the handcuffs on him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit