do you still JWspeak?

by knock knock 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mum
    Mum

It happens sometimes, a reflex I suppose, just the way I lapse back into the Appalachian dialect of my childhood when I'm not mindful.

Regards,

SandraC

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I try to never use JW lingo - if I am forced to use it, I always put it in "quotation" marks.

nj

• Sassy
    Sassy

god I hope not..

but I am sure there are times when old habits still slip in

• sinis
    sinis

NO!!!! It irritates the HOLY HELL out of me. In fact I have asked my wife and those around me to stop saying the phrase "the truth", "brothers", "sisters", and JEHOVAH. Just say religion, or call it what it is "Jehovahs Witnesess", say people or parishoners, and for gods sake, just say God or Zeus, Jove, or whatever (offer some kind of variety), just stop using the name JEHOVAH, I'm not jewish and I'm not worshipping a Jewish god, I'd rather worship the gods of my forefathers before I worship a god I have no connection with in blood or region and that is half a world away and centuries seperated.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Only, maybe it's the nonJW's that are the hounded and the JW's as a group that are the hounders.

This is true for those in the world: The Witlesses do hound people to come into the organization, and any publisher can take that role. However, the hounders within the organization are there to hound the flock into doing more of this work, making it to all the meetings, and making sure they obey all the "conscience" rules. The hounder-hounders travel from congregation to congregation to hound the hounders into making sure everyone is active, everyone is pioneering if at all possible, there is perfect meeting attendance and good growth, and that there is full compliance with what they feel is the Governing Body's directive.

• freeme
    freeme

yeah, sometimes i do. i feel weired when talking about a lie and calling it "truth", but you know... its a habit. and i dont think its a problem, everyone understands here. and in most cases i use ""...

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I have definitly found myself using the lingo when posting here, but for me it is alsmost a relief.. people who actually understand what I am talking about and are familiar with the language.

Whenever I hear my husband use the terminology, I want to crack up laughing, it sounds so foreign coming out of his mouth.

When talking to my JW family, I also try and avoid the terminology to a large extent, and when I do, I cringe! It is almost as though by using the terminology I am still a part of them which of course I am no longer!

When speaking to my (and forgive me for using this term...but I know that you all understand) "worldly" friends, I definitly only use terms such as religion, church, homecell etc.

• moshe
    moshe

Perhaps some of us go undercover to KH meetings and we want to at least blend in until the WT study starts. Then we can pull out Blondie's WT study guide for our answers! Oh, I would so like to do that , just once.

• Sasha
    Sasha

It's a hard habit to break. But the longer you're away from it, the easier it gets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit