I need help, friendly suggestions, or a shoulder to cry on...

by FreedomFrog 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok, here's the situation.

I have no friends that live close to me and I'm up to my eyeballs in bills. I have applied to a few jobs that could potentially help me turn things around. The things is, because I don't have parents/friends or any other people in my life...

1. How do I get a babysitter when I have to go on the interviews?

2. How do I get a babysitter for the weeks I work when I'm not getting paid? (the transition part)

3. Already asked ex and he can't do it.

How do you work things out like this? I can not afford a babysitter until I get my first paycheck (which can take 2-3 weeks) and every outfit requires you to pay each week. The jobs (which are very good positions) can call me at any point. YIKES!!!

I'm on the verge of panic

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Gina,

I'll give you a call.

-Dianne

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Not sure where you live, but check your local social services organizations as soon as possible. Organizations that help people intransition, help with finding jobs, that sort of thing.

I wish you great luck as well!

S4

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry I can't do more, but I'm sure it will work out fine.

Good idea from Seeker4.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Could you try and find another mother that you could trade babysitting with? Don't be shy, check around, ask everybody you know, get the word out. Sorry for your tough time, hope things get better.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

In my area, we have an outreach program that helps people in your situation. Call the local unemployment office and see if you have a similar program. Do you have any kindly grandmother types in your neighborhood that could help out in a pinch? Look for an online discussion board for single parents in your area--you might find some valuable resources that way too.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

(((hugs)))) Can you PM me where you live and I will help you search for services that help with babysitting? I knwo what you're going through with the whole job thing, I just got a job after being unemployed for 2 months. I had to make arrangements with my apt complex to pay them late and in payment plans. PM me if you need to talk or vent or anything. I am here for you!!!!! Again, I am so sorry!!!!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

You might try taking the first step and start networking. Go to a few places where parents with children frequent (like your neighborhood park and immediate neighbors) and talk with them to collect information and possible contacts. Mention your situation, without sounding needy or looking for a free hand. Different areas of the country are easier to do this in than others, I do not know where you are located.

Sometimes a student can be utilized for a short time and paid at month's end. There are often services that pre-screen the potential sitter.

Social services may be of some help. At least until you become a little more $$$liquid.

Above all else be cautious. Become well informed.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time.. (((hugss)))

I would check out local community centers, as well as social services. At the community center level, there are often mothers groups, single mothers groups who have a wealth of information on where and how to find good daycare, and support.

Try not to get to stressed..

LTF

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hope you can get it all figured out.

I had a grant to go to college and could not go for needing to work, during the waiting period for some kind of money to kick in. It was a long time ago, but still to this day I wish the outcome had been different.

purps

edited to add: Five kids was alot to find help with!~!~!~!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit