by under_believer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

I was dumb & blind as a JW.

I am not as dumb as I was.

Some might beg to differ lol.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Those who profess to believe nothing ....... usually will believe anything that they are told. When commercial religions grasped hold of this marketing concept, they began and continue to milk it for every cent (U.S. and E.U.) Humans have a need to belong to a group of like minded humans. Some realise that all is not rosy in the garden but keep their heads down and plough on with their own agenda. The dumb ones are blinded by the light and could not see, never mind hit an elephant on the arse with a banjo! The most brilliant expose on this subject was The Life of Brian. After watching it I began to confirm the doubts I had and justify the decisions that I had made. I do not judge any human being by rules prepared by humans.

The really dumb ones are those that profess to be more intelligent than the others. They are easily recogniseable by their position at the front of the line, microphone, photograph and organisation !

• greendawn
    greendawn

True some dubs know better than they seem to know about the duplicity and dishonesty of the WTS but some are just plain ignorant and naive, not all people are equally intelligent.

OTOH (on the other hand) it's good that some potentially aggressive and destructive religions like Islam are kept in check by their own ideology through being made incapable of scientific and political progress (no scientific inventions or democracy).

We all know how the Moslem Arabs and then the Moslem Turks tried their best to conquer Europe motivated by their religion.

• Mum
    Mum

If by "dumb," you mean lower than average IQ scores, JW's are probably overall on a par (or close to it) with the rest of the population. I knew many sensitive, intelligent people who were JW's.

If we count people as "dumb" because they are in a cult or are religious in general, that means we females are reallllllly stupid. We are the ones who provide most of the underpinnings and the hard work that keeps the patriarchal religious systems going.

Just one more dumb broad,

SandraC

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

It is a good job that universities were not relying on The God Squad from Brooklyn to populate the educational establishments for proving ones level of intelligence prior to 1975. How many dedicated workers are living on the breadline now that their usefullness to the God Squad has ended ? They lived a frugal life flogging books and magazines for the pampered Curia in Brooklyn. Napoleon and the rest of the piggies continued an continue to profit

No income, poor housing, poor health, no pension and no health insurance was the goal of the joy filled workers in the field.

Dumb or what ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit