my mom hasn't invited me to the memoral.

by hilannj 9 Replies latest jw friends

• hilannj
    hilannj

I guess she has given up on me completely, or has accepted the fact that I am not coming back.. Any one else?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Not to worry, there are plenty of real holidays before the memorialâ„¢ arrives. Labour day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. Enjoy them! There's still plenty of time to get invited to the memorialâ„¢ and to think of excuses to avoid going!

W

• hilannj
    hilannj

She hasn't invited me since the first year I left and i have been out for 4. She is pushy with everything else, maybe she just doesn't really think it is important for me to go to it.. I mean all you do is look at a glass of wine and some bread, I can do that at home, and I then I can drink the bottle.. much better.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sounds like something to be thankful for!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My mother pushed me to go the first year I was out. I told her I went just to get her off my back, but I didn't go. She never asked me again. I suspect by that time the elders were coaching her on how to "handle" me. Either that or she was beginning to recognize the validity of my feelings about the watchtower.

Better to drink the wine at home. Have cheese and crackers, and not the kind of crackers the JWs use. One year I took a bag of this unleavened bread home. It was hard as rock, and one piece stuck into the roof of my mouth. It hurt like hell and I bled like a stuck pig.

W

• steve2
    steve2

As Oscare Wilde said,

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that is, not being talked about". You could modify this to read:

"There's only one thing worse than being invited to the memorial and that is, not being invited".

Maybe your dear mother has decided to take your trainer wheels off, allowing you the freedom to decide for yourself. Be careful with the speed wobbles.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

yea...my parents have never sent me an invite to come to the memorial.

My dad said he couldn't talk to me unless I went to the elders and confessed...when I said, "confess what?" he said, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you."

Maybe they are selfish and don't want to share their paradise with me.

lisa

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

What did I miss? Why are we talking about the memorial now? This like the second or third thread about it today.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What did I miss? Why are we talking about the memorial now? This like the second or third thread about it today.

We're preparing in advance for next year. We want to have plenty of wiseass comebacks ready when they finally start inviting us. Of course, no one will invite me because I don't know any JWs anymore. W

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

First of all, why all the talk about the memorial, isn't that in like April or something???

Second, do you really want her to invite you? Why would you want an invite? I can think of a million things to do other than go to the memorial.... I'm confused .

Why would she invite you to something that's 8 months away?

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit