Holiday pics of the Rockies

by Simon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ringo5
    ringo5

Thanks for the pics, Simon. I hope to do that tour again, the scenery never ceases to inspire.
    I did a little camping trip west of the Rockies a couple weeks ago in the Cascades, not near the altitude but still nice. ("Rockies Lite" ?)

A couple pics

• I quit!
    I quit!

I wish I was there. I have some pictures that I took that look almost identical. At least the ones of Peyto Lake and Lake Louise. I think you'll agree with me that the pictures don't do the color of the water justice. I've never see lakes with such a beautiful shade of blue as the lakes in that area. I love the Calgary area.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I've been away so long I didn't realize that you you all moved!! Welcome to this continent!

• orbison11
    orbison11

oh yes, simon and angharad, we do live in the most beautiful part of the world....

as for winter,,,well a little bit to the left, and there is no snow thru the winter,,,just rain (which i hear is good for the wrinkles:)

orb

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

WOW! I want to go!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Amazing scenery - that's where I'm gonna live in the new system

• Es
    Es

You are so lucky, its absolutely beautiful

es

• oldflame
    oldflame

Simon,

I lived for 10 years in the Rockies, first in Jackson Hole Wyoming, then in Asoen Colorado and also in Thermopolis, Wyoming and you are right there is no other place in our country as beautiful as this. Although the winters are horrible. The last time I lived there both winters I was there we had 20 and 30 below zero. You should try the fishing there Simon it is the best in the country....

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yes breathtaking indeed! I hictchiked from Edmonton to BC through the Yellowhead trail and back from BC as far as Saskatchewn. I got very sick on the road with Bronchitus. Walked for days and days sometimes, with no ride. Even knocked on folks doors where I could find them. Sometimes the RCMP would pick me up and drop me off at a hotel and give me 5 dollars and breakfast in the morning or just give me a cell to stay in. Sometimes I had to sleep on the side of the road. When you have no car, or money, you always see the crappy side of life, especially in some of those missions. I was always a little worried when I looked into the forest during daytime and could see nothing but darkness and the hugest trees I've ever seen. I thought if a Grizzly sees me I'm dead. I have many stories that arn't pretty but I will attest to the beauty. Incidently when I got to BC I was so sick that I was lieing in the streets in Vancouver and some kind soul put me in a hotel for three days. I don't know who it was to this day, but I'll tell you this, it wasn't a Jehovah's Witness. I have been through Banff and Calgary from Edmonton as well hitching. I think the society must get their mag covers of paradise from these places.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

looks amazing! going to have to get on holiday myself soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit