Update on my sister

by sweetface2233 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

A few weeks ago, as you may already know, my sister called me an apostate and told me that she wants nothing to do w/ me. I have since explained some things to my mother, an active witness, and she respects my concerns and decision. I've sent text messages to my sister, as well as made a few phone calls to her, but they all have gone unanswered. This evening I received a postcard from her. She apparently went to the Grand Canyon and wanted me to know. Her message was that she loves me, but she addressed the postcard to "Crissy". She hasn't called me Crissy for 15 or more years. I don't really know how to take this. I'm just glad that she is acknowledging me, which is more than she did while I was getting a divorce several years ago. I still love my sister more than anyone else on this earth and will always keep the door open for her.

I just wanted everyone who showed their concern to be updated.

Thank you!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sounds positive.

Thanks for the update!

• changeling
    changeling

It's a first step. She loves you too.

changeling

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Nice. I'm glad you've had such positive contact.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thanks for keeping us filled in.

Any kind of contact from her at all is a good sign.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It sounds to me like she's having a nice time and really wishes you were there! When you get away on a vacation like this, sometimes there's a change of routine (which would be a good thing for her). On her return you'll find out if this openness will continue.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think that is a good sign. I'm sure it is very hard on her trying to shun you. I always found it very hard to ignore people I liked. Keep us posted.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I sent my sister flowers today (the Valentine's special) and for the first time in 7 months I got to hear her voice. She called to thank me and we caught up on parts of our life. She told me about her job and her new life in Oregon. I touched on my job and future lack there of, as well as coming to peace w/ myself. I explained to her that it was "self-esteem issues" I have been carrying around for years, when really it was bitterness and resentment toward the WTS that I let go of. I wanted so much to tell her about the new friends that I have made and how much fun I have had getting to know them, but I kept my lips sealed about you guys. We didn't go into any JW talk and I am so glad that she didn't bring it up. I cherished the convo so much and it would have been tainted if any religious banter was brought into it. When we said our good-byes, she was in tears and crying enough that it was hard to make out what she was saying. I am very proud of myself for keeping it together. Honestly, I have cried so much over the past few weeks that I probably don't have any tears left, which was a good thing. I was able to calm her down and keep the possibility open for future convos w/ her.

I missed her so much, I ached for her comfort, and just hearing her voice brought me to a place of contentment that I haven't been in for a while.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Aaawwww sweetie! That is such good news! I know how much you've been missing your sister and the tears you've shed over this. I hope this opens the door abit more for future conversations.

BB

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((Crissy)))))))) That is so good to hear hon.

Flowers can work miracles sometimes. I'm proud of you for keeping the lines of communication open. Really excellent news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit