Emotional Blackmail and Jehovah's Witneses

by Lady Lee 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• codeblue
    codeblue

Lady Lee...many thanks again for sharing that topic

Drew Sagon: I am experiencing such love from my son who has shunned me for almost a year, just because I don't go to meetings. I am not pr'd or df'd.

Emotional blackmail is huge in this religion.

I believe emotional blackmail is very damaging to our pysche... it is to mine.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It is so easy to not see this as abuse. People can see or feel a hit or a slap. They know what unwanted sex is.

But this stuff is way too easy for an abuser to discount -- I was just joking; I didn't mean it that way; YOU took it the wrong way and so many more.

We really need to learn what this is because if we are susceptable in one area of our lives you can be pretty sure another area will dredge up the same crap whether it is a partner, a friend, a parent, a boss or yup even a religion

• brinjen
    brinjen
    We really need to learn what this is because if we are susceptable in one area of our lives you can be pretty sure another area will dredge up the same crap whether it is a partner, a friend, a parent, a boss or yup even a religion

I've been coming back to this thread so often I've actually taken the step of printing it out, so I can keep it with me at work. You've really nailed something with me Lady Lee. So many times I've fallen to it, with past jobs, relationships, I cannot thank you enough for posting this info.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Look up Emotional Blackmail and there is a picture of my mother next to it. ARRRGHGHHGHGHGHGHHGHGH

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Look up Emotional Blackmail and there is a picture of my mother next to it.

Well welcome to the line - it's a very long one here on JWD

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I just had to come back and read this again. You have opened my eyes to some issues I still need to work on. glad to know it isn't just me. I am also going to print it out so I can keep it handy to remind myself to be strong.

Bobbi(secretly giving her mother the finger)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Bobbi(secretly giving her mother the finger)

That's priceless, Bobbi!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Lady Lee:

It was good to be reminded. My seed planting among JW friends includes FOG. They get the point between what is irrational and what is healthy, like healthy fear and phobias, etc. Brinjen's printout is a great idea ....

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Orgull
    Orgull

Wow. When I started waking up, one of the things I said was that the organization felt abusive to me. I thought maybe I was overly sensitive but apparently not. I guess I really did recognize it for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit