Procrastinating on fun

by Dawn 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

Weird subject line - I know. But here's my question to other posters.

There are a number of things I have always wanted to do, like go scuba diving, take a trip somewhere exotic, etc - but I would find excuses why I couldn't do it - usually just something inside said "Oh - you could never do that"

Well - a couple of years ago I decided to just start doing some of the things I always wanted. I made a list, then set dates to complete them and started making plans. Over the last couple years I have done a lot of things I never thought I could before - and it's been a blast.

So my question is this:

(1) How many of you have gone from the Oh I could never do that to the Oh I'm doing that! whether it's skiing, flying a plane, or even just going on a trip.

(2) Do you think this change in behavior is part of the process of freeing yourself from control - or do you think it's really just part of getting older, and being more confident with yourself.

In my case I think it's more of #2 but I'm curious to see what other posters think.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Oh yea - by the way. I'm a 40 something - closer to 40 than 50 but who'se counting?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In 1996 I said I want to go skiing in Colorado before I die, and I was able to go 5 times before the country got Bushwacked and I went broke and could no longer afford it. My father was a pilot and had his own planes so I got to fly with him many times. I never really wanted to officially learn to fly. I've had motorcycles since I was 16.

I would like to drive through all of the United states and much of Canada. I am going to have to wait till I retire to do that. That will probably take me 5 years and if I am still alive I would like to explore Europe and Russia. I tried scuba diving, but that wasnt for me. I had a boat much of my life and always water skied. I play in a Rock and roll band in public for money once or twice a month Actually, I need to figure out something exciting to do thats not fattening or illegal to get me out of the everyday rut I am in..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit