Comments You Will Not Hear at the 8-5-07 WT Study (Obedience)

by blondie 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

xjwms, I was just about to put out the hounds on you. You will have to email me all about the details of your new business.

Great comments everyone.........

Blondie

• Robert222
    Robert222

Can't believe they used a physician as an example? JWs are taught to disobey physicians all the time regarding blood and not obsessing about their health problems. All JWs with health problems are taught to ignore them and to continue distributing JW literature day in and day out with the hope of death and resurrection.

Thank you, Blondie, for another expert analysis. I look forward to your post each week.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Thanks Blondie.

How many times does a form of the word "obey" appear in this article? ...................................67

Guess I need glasses I thought this article was all about ebay not obey.

brzfst

• moshe
    moshe

I am always amazed how many times that King David and King Solomon's sins are overlooked in WT studt articles - sins that would get a JW DF'd many times over at the KH.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks,for the review Blondie.Maybe my post should be else where.

Todays WT reminds me of a modern day Gov't that demanded total obedience of his subjects.Dictator.psycho,sicko,sadistic---Hilter.Let me explain:God rejects Saul for disobedience.Why?What are the circumstances,backgrd?Is Saul to blame?Was it his fault?

History... c.2200 BC at the tower of Babel God scattered the people all over the Earth or established different Nations all over the Earth.One of these Nations was the Amalek,who settled East of Egypt..c.1513BC God frees the Jews (Israel) from Egypt.So you have approx 3 million Jews/others plus animals who want to cross the Amalek land.However,the Amalekites say..NOT.You can't cross our land.Do you blame them? There is no indication from God that he gave them premission.It would be like 30million Arab's wanting to enter USA.not in your life.(Who provoked Who)

Approx. 400 years later in 1117BC God appts Saul to settle accts with the Nation of Amalek for refusing to allow his people to cross their territory when Israel came from Egypt(Who provoked Who) .God tells Saul to completely destroy the entire Nation of Amalek,To kill.kill.kill all men,women.little children,babies.To kill,kill,kill all oxen,sheep,camels,donkeys.Yes,Saul with and army of 210k to butcher the entire nation of Amalek under God's direction.Why kill babies 400 years after the fact.However,God wasn't satisfied with Saul's performance so he gives him the boot and appts David.Who murders and kills 70k.

Who wants to be obedient to a God who is vindictive and will kill /murder YOU for what your ancesters did.Oh,come to think of it,our ancesters are Adam/Eve. We are up shit creek w/o a peddle. Nice lesson for us today.

Bob

• erandir
    erandir
    Today, Jehovah does not inspire prophets as in the past; instead, he has commissioned a faithful slave class to provide timely spiritual food to his household. (Matthew 24:45-47)

Yeah...in the past, God's prophets never had to retract what they said and make up a cheesy excuse like "new light."

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

6) What will help us individually to be obedient? It is appropriate for each of us to ask God for "an obedient heart," as did King Solomon. He asked for such a heart so that he could "discern between good and bad" in order to judge his fellow Israelites. (1 Kings 3:9) We need "an obedient heart" if we are to discern between good and bad in a world permeated with the spirit of disobedience. God has provided us with his Word, Bible study aids, Christian meetings, and caring congregation elders so that we can cultivate "an obedient heart." Are we making good use of such loving provisions?

God provided us with his Word! That's fine.............but God provided us Bible study aids? Did God provide us with Book Studies that sometimes are studied 2 or 3 times? Did God come up with the Watchtower Study,Ministry School,Public Talk,Sevice Meeting,Pioneer School,Conventions,and Assemblies? No ......you the WTS came up with these "loving provisions". Are we making good use of such loving provisions( that the WTS came up with)?

Thank you BLONDIE for your wonderful work!

• heathen
    heathen

Yah ,, shoulda been a gag alert on this one .(as usual) The difference between the WT leadership and that of moses is that when moses said something it actually happened and not in the invisible realm that he alone could discern . Suddenly they claim God provided publications that are constantly being altered because of "new light" then they will admit it was actually "imperfect men" that provided the material . I mean jeeezzzusssss , how many times can they pull that rabbit out of the hat and still claim any authority or obedience ? Are they speaking for God or mearly giving their own opinion ? I think it's opinion stated as fact which is dogma , they will deny the use of it as well. I'll just sit back and do the idiot hum the rest of today because their logic is completely convoluted .

• lrkr
    lrkr

This was a particularly offensive article to me. Obedience is responsible for some of the most significant tragedies in human history:

The holocaust

The Jim Jones tragedy

Etc, etc.

Obedience is not a quality to be ingrained, taught and appreciated. Critical thinking and reason are.

• coaster
    coaster

Blondie I did indeed attend today with my wife. I had my study lesson you prepared for me, but the lesson was so damned boring, I could not even get into it to try and help anyone, sorry.

coaster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit