DONATING YOUR CAR TO WATCHTOWER

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

WT IS ONE MANY RELIGIOUS CHARITIES IN NEW YORK YOU CAN DONATE YOUR CAR TO.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Dub cars are usually crappy old field service cars, so I don't see how they could be considered a donation.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I laughed when I saw that. The only way I'd donate a car to the WTBTS is if it was so crappy that it would cost me to have it hauled away.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Well, don't laugh at all of us. I gave a needy JW family one of my older cars that still ran pretty good when I got another one. I took pity on the young family - however, the car didn't last long because it wasn't taken care of. Ditto the single mom that we gave our older van to. It ran fine despite being an older vehicle and was a great for lugging around her 3 kids and just getting some basic in town stuff done. It was in the scrap yard by the time she had it 6 months. So yeah, you can donate one to the Watchtower or you can donate it to a needy family - either way it was all part of the society at large.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

You essentially donate your car to the JWs when you are a witness anyways. I can't recall the amount of times my dad waxed, changed the oil, and detailed the family car, only to have it taken out on muddy backroads by my mom the next day.

And all the extra miles - and therefore maintenance and upkeep.

The Society helped many of our family cars depreciate in value much faster than they would have otherwise.

-ithinkisee

• knock knock
    knock knock

Sometimes being dyslexic can be a hoot. Back in the 80's I donated all my Watchtowers to "The Cars".

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Scrap metal prices are quite high.

Or..maybe they will melt them down and make them into theocratic firearms.....

• JK666
    JK666

Give them a car? I woundn't give them my dingleberries! JK

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Sometimes being dyslexic can be a hoot. Back in the 80's I donated all my Watchtowers to "The Cars".

Lol...heck I've got some bound volumes that I would love to donate to the local landfill.

• GODLOVESME
    GODLOVESME

Be for I give it to then I will load the trunk full of smurfs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit