How to treat Disfellowshipped Ones?

by Thinking of Leaving 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I work with this JW but was recently DF. Prior to the Convention I noticed the "sister" would talk to me normally as if I wasn't even DF. She just brushed it aside and I really appreciated her mature, professional behaviour towards me.

Since she attended the DC however she's been acting cold towards me. She hardly ever makes any jokes and when I try to she doesn't laugh much. What I want to know is what exactly was discussed at the DC this year about how to treat DF ones? I think I read somewhere that there was much admonition on it.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I've heard they "cracked down" on how they should 'shun' even family members who are DF'd, but I wasn't there so I'm not sure. But if that's the case, I guess co-workers are no better.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Every year at the DC, the JW's would get their dose of superiority, and it carries over into real life. After a while, things often get back to normal.

I am shunned at work by 2 JW's who never have reason to work with me (very large office, they're in different areas of the company). However, if we had to get on a project together, I'd expect them to have normal business conversation with me (otherwise I'd sent a complaint to human resources).

However, many JW's will not go beyond what is absolutely necessary with a former member, especially a DF'd one. This may be what's taking place with the "sister" you know.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This hot and cold with witnesses is pretty common, depending on what they have been reading in the magazines or hearing at the hall. This sister may be going through a "spirituality" jag. At the core of it I bet she is afraid of dying at Armageddon. Talking to you, you see, could put her at risk of all the catastrophic events listed in Revelation.

I suggest the next time the power goes out or a truck goes by shaking the building say, "Well that's it, Armageddon is here. I'm going out for a smoke/coffee." See if her eyes get really big.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

jgnat that is really funny! I'll have to remember that one. As for the original thread - yes, they go hot and cold, especially, I think, after the DC which gets them all whipped up and afraid.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I suggest the next time the power goes out or a truck goes by shaking the building say, "Well that's it, Armageddon is here. I'm going out for a smoke/coffee." See if her eyes get really big.

LOL.........POZ.......

• changeling
    changeling

Someone here (I forget who) posted a thread the other day about how after the convention the witness get al reved up and crack down on stuff they would normally let slide. She's probably just in the "post DC phase". She'll get over it soon enough.

changeling

• Dawn
    Dawn

I work at a pretty large corporation - over 4000 people on site, so there are a few JWs out here. One of them sent me a request to do some programming on his project earlier in the month but then did not show up for our meeting and has not returned my emails after last week's convention - guess I have an idea of why now

Good thing I didn't really care - I had a lot of work already lined up so I just moved those projects up in the timeline and now I'm scheduled clear through the end of this fiscal year - and so are all the other programmers that work on this particular project. I sure hope he doesn't change his mind soon - 'cause now he'll be kinda screwed if ya know what I mean

• choosing life
    choosing life

jgnat,

That was way too funny. I hope to use it someday. I'm still laughing as I type this. I love a good sense of humor.

• Threestars
    Threestars

Hmmm...well that does explain why my dub brother was all concerned for me and calling me every week over my personal problems until about a month ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit