YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT! SCAN OF THE LATEST "QUESTIONS FROM READERS"!

by deaconbluez 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The title of Diane Wilson's book is...Awakening Of a Jehovah's Witness. Excellant book for all the women as well as men. She gets inside the heads of the men of the Governing Body and how they flip flop in their treatment of women.

Blueblades

• brinjen
    brinjen

I don't see anything offensive about this 'article', it is after all making fun of the GB's chauvenism, not the victims.

Keep em coming dude!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

At first...I was thinking, "OK, there's no reason for this...not funny."

Then, as I continued reading, "the rest of the story," I understood you were describing The Truth ™ , radical Islam and other fundamentalist misogynistic religions. The 'problem' is/was the audience was expecting "funny", instead it reminded me of the hilarious TV show, "MASH". Remember...the shocking, serious, tear making episodes ? I remember them more than the funny ones. They were a complete departure from the normal, but, isn't that how true life is ?

Keep 'em coming.

Rabbit

• Mincan
    Mincan

I'm completely baked right now (on marijuana) but I got a massive laugh out of the bit where Adam and Eve get disfellowshipped from the garden. Kind of like how stupid all this clubhouse thing is.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Sometimes rape is hilarious! Didn't you guys ever watch Oz?

• FadingAway
    FadingAway
    Sometimes rape is hilarious! Didn't you guys ever watch Oz?

Now here is an example of a statement that is neither tasteful or funny. Did you understand the point that this is a parody of the elder's response and not the act of rape? I don't recall finding acts of rape through the entertainment media to be funny, but disturbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit