by still_in74 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still_in74
    still_in74

I think I could have been a good Watchtower writing department hack

I was going to say the same thing!!

I thought I was reading a WT!

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I even recently found out in Websters Dictionary that cunnilingus and fellatio are actually proper words for some VERY WORLDLY street talk synonyms. Without even realizing what I was doing, I was soon surfing the internet on all types of Non Watchtower web sites

Maybe I should try this one !! LOL

Too funny Coaster!

• Sheri
    Sheri

Coaster!

You are great! I am trying not to laugh too loud and wake up my husband, so the tears are streaming down my face with my hand clamped over my mouth.

Thanks for giving me a good ending to a busy day.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Arthur enlightened us with:

""Just as the forbidden fruit was appealing to the eyes of Eve, we must remember that Satan also disguises the wisdom of this world in an attractive package. We might view various publications written by worldly scholars and members of Christendom as appealing to our intellect. This would be foolhardy on our part. Satan would like nothing more than to draw us away from Jehovah's spiritual banquet, and to chase after the empty deceptions of this world. We must readily partake of the timely spiritual food that is lovingly provided to us by the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class; never allowing ourselves to develop an independent spirit."

You're scarin' me man ,just shows that even an apostate can write shit like that and be apparently credible!

• still_in74
    still_in74

Odrade, thanks for all your hard work, it looks like you put a lot of time into it, Hell, it took me a long time to read it!!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks, I was amused that the '95 and '99 editions were identical for that one paragraph, more confirmation that most of the new publications are just regurgitated old publications...

• mavie
    mavie

Take the microphone and say:

"Are we not thankful the slave has advised us to be wary of further research? As our latest district convention mentioned, research, especially when coupled with higher education, might cause us to realize the Society has flip-flopped or been wrong on a number of issues in the past. This in spite of the fact they are a modern day prophet with Jehovah's approval.

Any discrepancy we might find in our research must be planted by the Devil. I suggest reading the book Fahrenheit 451 for a proper example of how to handle worldly books. Wait..nevermind...that would be further research."

• metaspy
    metaspy

nice mavie, but I think the mic got shut off halfway through your comment.
    The elders will see you in the library afterwards for a special "encouragement" meeting.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Wow, the further away I get, the more I see.

Arthur quoted:

"We alone cannot hope to gain an accurate knowledge from God's Word without the loving guidance of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class. Jehovah God did not provide the Bible for individuals to decipher. He gave it to His organization through the Faithful Slave Class."

Roughly translated:

"How can we keep spoon feeding you like a baby if you develop a desire to feed yourself? You should put away your God-given free will to think for yourself. Why would you want to think for yourself when you can have someone else do your thinking for you? Just send money."

Am I close?

ESTEE

• mavie
    mavie

During the "special encouragement" meeting I can apologize for my comment and then promise to only research WT publications in the future...starting with the KH Library. I'll ask for access to all the older publications so that I can see for myself how wrong I was...the Society has never flip-flopped. = )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit