wow...The Golden Age, September 11, 1935 p.781

by Mebaqqer2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Cheers

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT IS THAT ITEM TWO BELOW THE HIGHLIGHTED ITEM.

• still_in74
    still_in74

I cant believe that!! Chinks???!!!

LOL bizzybee

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The scanned issue is in my Golden Age Goodies thread (thanks Charles): http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/115448/1.ashx

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

What about Japs?

• freeme
    freeme

1935, thats centuries after jesus appointed them as the faithful and discreet slave. wonderful, just wonderful.

• Poztate
    Poztate

*** g35 9/11 p. 781 Molasses Smuggled into Australia ***

Clever swindlers obtained possession of 50 or more tins in which opium had been smuggled into Australia. They got the tins out of the country, filled them with molasses, smuggled them back in and sold them to the Chinese at fabulous prices, thus cheating the poor Chinks out of hundreds of dollars, though, in this instance, they gained more than they lost.

Long ago I was at a PUBLIC TALK where the Elder talked extensively about the chinks and the japs in WW2 and how we were better than them. Even at that time I cringed and couldn't believe what was said.

I felt strongly about it that I brought it up with the elders but nothing was ever said or done..

• JK666
    JK666

The Judge would have gotten along well with Imus! JK

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

No racist were ever in this movement!! No siry bob!!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mebaqqer2,

WELCOME to the forum!! Thank you for the post! It disgusts me to see this kind of racial prejudice. And then to make comments like the Society does about Jehovah blessing on the literature ...food at the proper time?! It is like saying Jehovah "used to be" a bigot. For those who claim to be instructed by God need to remember this scripture:

"For I am Jehovah, I have not changed." - Malachi 3:6

Clearly this is just another perfect example of this organization using God's name to print what ever they choose and feel what ever prejudice they want all "in the name of God". Now days you don't hear this kind of prejudice in the literature against skin color, however there still is prejudice over religion, and those who no longer believe the way they do.

It is SHAMEFUL!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit