Fun things to do during the September KM talk

by Burger Time 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Alright fun things to do, during the "Questions Box" talk for the Sep. K.M.

Loosen your tie, kiss the old pioneer broad next to you and throw your bible in the air and say, "No more of the good book!!! Woooooooooo!" and run out cheering!

• sspo
    sspo

I dare you

• watson
    watson

LOL!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This might be a good idea if you are willing to pay the consequences, which may include getting disfellowshipped or marked. Those who are willing to disassociate (and that includes those who have been seeing problems with this organization and for whom this is the one too many) may do this with impunity.

• coaster
    coaster

I will be attending as I am still in. But on a more serious note, I am going to comment, and either ask or phrase: that since we can not use ANY other publications or Websites not created or endorsed by the SLAVE, how soon will the SLAVE be coming out with their own Official, travel sites (FlySkyHigh), Encyclopedia (All Need To Know Ever), and Dictionary (What Words REALLY Mean).

I shamefully admit that I have been guilty of using such Worldly reference materal quite frequently, and hope the congregation can see it in their hearts to forgive me.

really hope hope hope this will wake some up

coaster

• Musicman
    Musicman

Perhaps someone could reply like this (I don't go to the meetings anymore):

"Excuse me brother, but I have a question. The Society here cites Titus 3:9 'But shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile' (Kingdom Interlinear Translation 1969). Now, according the the Society's book, the Kingdom Interlinear Translation, the greek word translated "Law" is nomi-kos. The possible translationslations for nomi-kos are 'according to the law' or 'expertise in mosaic law'. As seen before in John 1:1, a noun like this without an article is non-anarthrous, simply meaning that had the text said "ho nomi-kos" then it could be rendered "law", non-capitalized, meaning law in a general sense. However, without the article, the NWT correctly capitalizes "Law" and thus gives it the weightier side of meaning, which would be a direct referrence to Mosaic Law, not the new Christian standards that Paul was preaching. Indeed, a recurring theme in Paul's preaching is directed at the converted Jews' preoccupation with the Mosaic Law. In that light, would it be appropriate to apply the Society's counsil only to the Old Testament?"

Heh, that might get you some odd looks. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure Titus 3:9 is about Mosaic law... that translation makes much more sense to me than any other.

Musicman

• unique1
    unique1

Excellent comment coaster. I would pay to be there when you give it!!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

If I was there my comment would be:

"I was just thinking about how the Writing Department has to look up things in worldly sources to quote in our magazines. So, it must be ok to study worldy sources and to study those things mentioned in the first paragraph. It must just be wrong to have meetings with others about them so that they do not end up speculating together. That would lead to less unity. So doing research is still fine and encouraged."

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Does anyone remember the Daffy Duck/Bugs Bunny episode where the two of them are competing to get the biggest applause. Every time, Bugs would get uproarious applause, and Daffy would get crickets? So Daffy gets into a devil costume and starts drinking nitroglycerine and eating gunpowder and then eats a lit match. Of course he blows up. Daffy finally gets a standing ovation. Bugs: "They want more!" Daffy: "I know, I know, but I can only do it once." of course by then Daffy is heading heavenward....

one time show...which if we tried anything like what has been suggested, it would be a one time deal and a fast lane to heaven JC meeting. feel the love.

Oh but how it would be worth it if you were done with the Borg!

SnakesInTheTower (of the "not ready to eat the match" Sheep Class)

PS...I might actually go to the Service Sales Meeting that night to hear all the lovely comments and the elders take on the article.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Well considering I am not baptized and don't know hardly any wittnesss in Charlotte, I could do something "crazy" and get away with it. I guess this thread was more ridiculous things you could do and get aways with. Has anyone ever asked a question during a comment? I have never seen or heard anything like someone just outright saying, "what about the boreans?" on a matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit