JW calling on me left a card for me after my cutting up Bible Teach brochur

by kwintestal 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

So I've been having an elderly JW call on my for the last few months, but I haven't seen her for most of the summer because I've been quite busy doing other things. Anyway, the last time she called she left the brochure "What does the Bible really teach?" and asked for me to read it and give my opinion. So I read it and put sticky notes through out with comments, disputes regarding claims and various other research I did on the brochure.

She called on Saturday morning and I gave her the copy back with all the comments. She seemed surprised and said that I was the only person to have done that and that she would get back to me.

Well today, I came home from work and in the mailbox was an envelope with my name on it. I opened it up to see a card saying the following:

Dear Kwin!

Thank you for being so kind + thoughtful with us despite the fact that you really don't have any interest in the Bible. After reading your notes I can see now more what your feelings are. Still despite that you've always been respectful I find it refreshing in this day + age. I do hope we can have the opportunity to talk again in the future. I've found your thoughts very interesting. You certainly made some good points! Take Care!

S****** W********

P.S. Just wanted you to know!

I thought it was quite thoughtful of her.

Kwin

• still_in74
    still_in74

what a fantastic way to get your point across in a non-confrontational format. You have given me some ideas!

Good work

• erandir
    erandir

That letter looks a bit condescending to me.

"Despite you're obviously being wrong about your reasons, thanks for taking the time to let us know how you really feel. It's so refreshing that you're such a respectful ignoramus. Maybe when you see the light, I'll come back and be more prepared to refute your claims. Touche. PS--See, I can write notes, too!"

Ok, so I'm a bit negative today.

• blondie
    blondie

Nice to see your post, kwin. Obviously, you aren't the malleable kind of person jws are looking for................

Blondie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

We'll let you slide, erandir. LOL!

I think it's quite positive, kwin.

Nice experience on every level, from the way you handled it to the way she responded.

You're a classy atheist apostate.

She's a classy brain-washed JW.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I wonder why she didn't come back to your house to tell you that in person????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit