What are young JDubs doing after High School?

by Save My Soul 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

When I was young, many pioneered after HS or went to bethel. That was normal. It was not until 25, some realized they were waisting their life away and made changes / DF. What are young JW doing these days? Are they following the wise counsel to pioneer and not go to college? It seems that many I have seen get DF before 20 YO.

What is going on in your area?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Many are just plain leaving. The ones that stay tend to get married at an early age, which often ends in divorce. There are a few who try to advance in the organization, but not much reason to set your sights on Bethel when they are downsizing and tossing their faithful ones on the street. As for pioneering, I just havn't seen young ones getting involved in this much at all.

Quite a few have started college in spite of the warnings against evil, higher education. They often end up exiting the org. soon after starting though.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

college, in my area.

then again, i'm in los angeles, and i guess it's liberal here compared to, say, the midwest.

• R.F.
    R.F.

My congregation has a few young ppl my age. Over the years the trend has been to attend college and quit the Borg around the age of 19/20. The rest of my circuit is slightly different. There have been quite a few lately that enter pioneering right out of high school, with others attending college/technical school while still being very active in the Borg.

I've noticed that many of the children of the hardcore JWs tend to quit the once they reach the age of living on their own.

• penny2
    penny2

The problem in Australia is that many kids don't even finish high school.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

From what I saw, they end up doing nothing.

Many refuse to get further education in order for them to be able to go into the pioneer work. The funny thing is that after 2-3 years most of them can't financially can't make it and so they end up taking low paying full time jobs.

So eventually they end up working full time like everybody else, but with less pay and no education. I have seen this over and over again.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    From what I saw, they end up doing nothing.

Many refuse to get further education in order for them to be able to go into the pioneer work. The funny thing is that after 2-3 years most of them can't financially can't make it and so they end up taking low paying full time jobs.

So eventually they end up working full time like everybody else, but with less pay and no education. I have seen this over and over again.

Great concept to get 2-3 years of pioneering, then replaces them in America with someone from a 3rd world country. Growth rate keep stable or have a slight decline.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

What's big around here is quitting school in 9th or 10th grade to be home schooled because the kids want to "pioneer". They don't. They sleep until noon and watch game shows all day. Then they have a huge graduation party, get married and work for a brother in the congregation. Or they get married, get pregnant and end up living off of mommy and daddy, who also have no money.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

It is funny how every youth that can read and comments more than once in the meeting is pegged for bethel. After graduation home-schooling, they usually get disfellowshipped. Not sure why the parents made all of the sacrafices anyway.

Our PO's daughter was home-schooled and she shacked up with and had babies for a preacher at a corner church in our territory.

ha-ha

This was the sme idiot that said I should stay on the pioneer list and quit my job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit