UN + Watchtower as an NGO + conspiracy theory?

by cyberguy 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• brinjen
    brinjen
    If you or I were in front of JC we would not be able to make such excuses for ourselves. So why do they get a pass?

Precisely what I was thinking

• LanDi
    LanDi

It's laughable how they live in a world of make believe. They even try to say, as posted on here some time back, that it was Jehovah (who ? ) that was simply keeping an eye on his enemy to keep abreast of fullfilment of bible prophecy - excuse me, has God become severely short sighted or something ? He sees all and can relate all through his holyspirit , what is , what was, and what has not yet come to pass.

Yet, we find the WTS secretly in bed with Satans agent, who according to them - has led billions to their destruction by misleading them with false promises from Gods Kingdom. And this is supposed to be irrelevant - despite their constant criticism of "false religion " for far less crimes alot of the time. Who else fits the Harlot so well - as described in their book of Revelation - have they not exposed themselves?

They are everything they have spoken out against - it's almost as if they are taking the p*ss. Yet they can denounce every other religion as false - that doesn't seem right to me. What's more false that a multi billion dollar tax free publishing firm, does God want to be rich or something ? We read in the bible of how Jesus sometimes had nowhere to lay his head. Yet it is for our own protection that we peddle the Watchtower . I can't figure this one out, as a previous thread asked - " Where's the money go " - I mean who seems to be profiting from this ??

It's a mystery of note.

• monophonic
    monophonic

[If you or I were in front of JC we would not be able to make such excuses for ourselves. So why do they get a pass?]

exactly...i bring that up all the time to my wit relatives....they had me in the back room the minute i went to a concert that seemed wrong to them and i had to explain myself....but that standard isn't imposed on the wtbts.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Here is what they said about associating with the UN in the 1963 "Around the World" Assemblies:

The Resolution by The Watchtower November 15, 1963

WE JEHOVAH'S witnesses, met together in [City, State, Country], in one of the "Everlasting Good News" assemblies being held in a continuous chain around the whole world this year of 1963, do this day declare and resolve as follows:

2 THAT the one living and true God, the Creator of heaven and earth, whose name is Jehovah, is the only God whom we fear and glorify. Him alone will we worship; for him only will we be witnesses in the universal contest now in progress over the question, Who is the Everlasting, All-wise, All-powerful God? and him alone will we urge all peoples everywhere, of whatever race, nationality, tribe, color and language, to worship as the true God without equal;

3 THAT the Holy Bible, written under inspiration originally in Hebrew, Aramaic and ancient Greek, is his written Word. It is the channel of the one revealed religion that is the absolute truth and that is the unerring guide to pure worship acceptable to God;

4 THAT God the Creator, to whom his own written Word gives the name Jehovah thousands of times, is the King of Eternity and the Eternal Sovereign of the universe, and to him we owe our supreme allegiance and unqualified obedience. Only by his permission and tolerance have men set up political governments for what is understood to be the public good. His permission for this was not to continue forever or even indefinitely, but was to be brought to an end by the establishment of the kingdom of his beloved Son, the Messiah or Anointed One, the Christ, who was named Jesus when on earth as a perfect man. In the year 1914 the combination of events began on earth that he said would be a visible sign to us that Jehovah God had taken his sovereign power in that year and had set up the kingdom of his Son Jesus Christ for the government of this earth. According to the published information from the Holy Bible, the time then came for all the political nations to yield their sovereignty in the earth peaceably over to the heavenly kingdom of God's enthroned Son Jesus Christ. World history shows that, instead, more than a score of nations, led by Christendom, engaged in a global war for world domination. Because of this course the nations entered into the "time of the end" foretold in the Holy Bible, which will reach a conclusion in their violent destruction;

5 THAT, in order to prevent the destruction of the nations by their own means in war, the nations further refused the surrender of their sovereignty to God's Messianic kingdom by setting up a society of nations, which, since 1945, has taken the form and the name of the United Nations, with international headquarters at New York city. This international organization stands for world sovereignty by political men. For years men without faith in God's kingdom have endeavored to get all people to worship this international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security, in fact, the last hope for humanity. To date 111 nations have given worship to this political image by becoming members of it. However, we, as witnesses of the Sovereign God Jehovah, will continue refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship, for we see, under angelic enlightenment, that God has smitten such idolaters with a malignant ulcer, symbolically speaking, that will spell death to them as spiritually diseased image worshipers who worship a man-made political creation rather than the Creator of heaven

Looks like they lied.

Brant

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I tend to push people to this essay as it may may help:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/united-nations-disassociates.html

Examples in the leadership's prescribed doctrine on not associating and/or not supporting the United Nations are as follows:

- an article titled "Their Refuge-A Lie!" in the Watchtower magazine of June 1, 1991 (pages 15-20),

- an article titled "Can an Image Bring Peace and Security" in the Watchtower magazine of December 1, 1976 (page 711)

- an article titled "The Worship of the "Wild Beast" - Why True Christians Refuse" in the Watchtower magazine of October 15, 1976 (pages 632- 636),

All articles show that becoming involved, supporting or acquiescing to the principals of the scarlet coloured wild beast (ie. the UN) was and still is considered something for false religion.

A further detailed review of the 1991 Watchtower article shows Paragraph 10 asks how false religion was involved in the United Nations. The answer was found in paragraph 11 where no less than no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. The answer appeared weak compared to the 1976 Watchtower articles.

Paragraph 11 of the Watchtower 1991 article quoted from chapter 6, paragraph 1, page 45 of the book called "New Genesis, Shaping a Global Spirituality" (ISBN # 1-680465-04-3), Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Image Books, 1982, 1984 by Robert Muller. Robert Muller's article was titled "Prayer and Meditation at the United Nations".

Reading the Muller quote, one observes that the Watchtower 1991 article left out the second sentence of the Muller paragraph. The second sentence states "All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations." This excluded sentence describing non-governmental organizations would actually make the quote in paragraph 11 and thus the answer to paragraph 10 significantly stronger. The sentence's exclusion in the 1991 article provides evidence the Watchtower was quietly seeking the exact same relationship that false religion had with the United Nations in the 1991-1992 timeline.

------------------------------------------

Further References for comments on the 1991 1976 WT articles

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/27169/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/55894/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit