Gen 2:18-22 ---------my take....STORY OR REALITY??????????????????????????

by fedorE 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fedorE
    fedorE

Jehovah creates Adam......OK...all is good.........But Jah recognizes that this creature that he just created is all alone...it seems he didnt have plans to create more than ONE!!!! but be that as it may.......OK... all is good........then HE says im gona make him a "helper"............OK all is still OK.................

......SO at this point when HE recognizes his creatures lonliness What does he do??????

HE CREATES/BRINGS HIM ........................ A N I M A L S............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................................??????????????......... BEASTS............ ARE INTRODUCED TO ADAM ."Adam must have grimaced....a little pissed off maybe..clueless but still frowned..NO erection after all...all the cattle do not give Adam an erection..all the beasts on the ground and in the air DO NOT DO IT for Adam.(although it must have been awkward with his dong hanging low for both he and the animals staring at each other.....uhmmm!!!)

So Adam needs a "HELPMEET" and Jeh brings him animals."AND FOR MAN HE DID NOT FIND A HELPER TO MATCH HIM"(GE2:21)

PRICELESS!!............IS IT A STORY OR IS IT REAL??????????????????????????????????????..........UR UP JCANON.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I vote that it's a "folk tale". One of two different tales, by the way. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 are very different.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Funny you should mention it, 'cause I've been re-reading the beginning of Genesis lately - this time without the WTS words in the back of my mind or on my desk, and WOW! What a difference!

I pretty much can't read two verses in a row now without finding something weird, or something that can't be supported by science!

But I think I'll make my own thread about that soon.

That said - - as a "preview" here: - - you say [quote]...it seems he didnt have plans to create more than ONE!!!! but be that as it may.......OK... all is good........[/quote] but it's really not all good IMO. Because.... what was God's original plan for earth? Think about it - he didn't create Eve until it dawned on Him that Adam felt alone. So... Let's say Adam had been 100% content with running around there all alone. Then what? What was God's original plan?

• fedorE
    fedorE

yes!!!!...... ALSO THE POINT!!! ........IF HE CREATED ADAM AND ADAM felt ALONE AND jahs intention was to make the whole earth inhabited with faithful ppl...it seems as if whoever wrote this was making it up as he went along.....exactly!!!..........theres lots of stuff like that once u look and read for urself..........BUT THE FACT REMAINS WE ARE NOT THE FIRST ONES TO REALIZE THIS STUFF PPL HAVE BEEN POINTING THIS STUFF OUT FOR YEARS AND YEARS....

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Have you ever read "Just So Stories" by Rudyard Kipling? Gen 2:18 (and other parts of Genesis as well) is exactly like one of those. They were "modern" folk tales explaining, for example, how elephants got their trunks (because a single ancestral elephant got its short nose caught by a crocodile, who stretched it out until it was long. All subsequent elephants have longer noses).

• fedorE
    fedorE

CHRISTIANS....(SORRY FOR RAMBLING BUT)

WHENEVER U TAKE IN TO ACCOUNT ALL THE SEEMING INCONSISTENCIES THE BIBLE HAS AND ALL THE SEEMING CONTRADICTIONS AND ALL THE SEEMING DISPARITIES AND ALL THE SEEMING THIS AND THAT................

THE POINT CHRISTIANS...IS..........THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HOLY WORD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD ....THE ONUS IS ON HIM TO HAVE PROVIDED HUMANKIND WITH A CLEARLY WRITTEN RECORD THAT IS FREE OF EASY TO MISINTERPRET TEXTS, LEAVING NO DOUBTS TO ACCOUTS, ECT.....ECT....AND YET WHAT DO WE HAVE TODAY IN THE WORLD ...

A VAST CHRISTENDOM THAT FIGHTS WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT WHAT IS AND WHAT ISNT,WHAT SEEMS AND WHAT SEEMS NOT, WHAT IS INSPIRED AND WHAT BOOKS DIDNT MAKE IT INTO THE TEXT BECAUSE OF WHATEVER REASONS....THEN....

GIVE ME HIS WORD . I WANT TO WORSHIP JEHOVAH/JESUS. I WANT TO PREACH . I WANT TO PRAY TO HIM I WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH HIS PPL. I WANT A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS..ECT... BUT I DONT FIND IT IN THE SCRIPTURES.THE BIBLE CAN GIVE ME EMOTIONAL SENSE. I CAN READ ABOUT JESUS DYING AND FEEL LOVE FOR THIS PERSON-THIS IS WHO I AM AS A HUMAN- BUT I CAN NEVER BELIEVE THE WHOLE BIBLE BECAUSE IT WAS GIVEN TO ME IN A DILAPIDATED, UNCARED FOR, OPEN TO INTERPRETATION AND INCONSISTENT GARBLED SEEMINGLY HOLY BOOK THAT IT BELONGS ON HIS RE-EDIT DESK. THIS BOOK DRIPS OF FAITH FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT QUESTION IT.

• fedorE
    fedorE

I HAVENT READ THAT BOOK ..JUST SO STORIES....IN FACT I WISH I DID MORE READING...I PLAN TO ...IT SOUNDS LIKE I WOULD ENJOY THAT BOOK. THANKS.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    BUT THE FACT REMAINS WE ARE NOT THE FIRST ONES TO REALIZE THIS STUFF PPL HAVE BEEN POINTING THIS STUFF OUT FOR YEARS AND YEARS....

Yes, you're probably right. I sat here today and had one "epiphany" after the other. AND - I actually went and got my WTS literature out from the basement to see if I could make sense of it when I read the explanations there - but I no longer could! I could not agree to what they claim. They use a lot of sentences that begin with "Apparently", "Evidently", "It seems therefore" "We must conclude".... Well - none of it is apparent or evident, and we must not conclude anything of the sort! I even went to blueletterbible.com and looked up the Hebrew meanings of some words. Nope. It just doesn't make sense.

But the reason I write this and quoted you is that you're probably right; we feel we're getting these epiphanies when in fact numerous people have had the same thoughts through the centuries.

I remember having epiphanies as I was taught "the Truth". It's weird to think I'm the same human being I was back then.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Awakened - Welcome to the board.

I've written on here several times about what a turning point it was for me when, as a Witness, I decided to read Genesis without the WTS filter on, and see if it made any sense.

By Genesis 18 or so, I knew the Bible was a book of myths, and I never looked back.

S4

• fedorE
    fedorE

TRUTH BE TOLD ....THIS PLACE, jwd ... kinda gives me an outlet and makes me feel like im still "spiritual"..LMAO..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit