comparing WTS with Pharisees

by erandir 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• erandir
    erandir

"broad scripture containing cases"

Sounds like a field service bag, Gopher. Maybe we're on to something here.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The fact that they claim to know what's good for us, better than we know ourselves.

Just look at the Sept. 07 Kingdom Ministry.

What are we, Amharets(common people of the dirt) or something?

• flipper
    flipper

Erandir. Mr. Flipper here. Read your wife Matthew 23: 25. It says," Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness". The witness organization by trying to appear clean and good on the outside while secretly covering over any knowledge of child molestation on the inside of the organization is a good example. Outward appearance is all they care about in order to get more converts. But as the Pharisees did, they plunder those and have expelled those trying to reveal child molesters by kicking them out of the organization and dfing them. I'd say that is being full of immoderateness, do ya think? Point made, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• TheListener
    TheListener

Erandir,

sounds like you have a mate that questions like mine. I've come to realize that no answer would really satisfy. But,

As far as the letters be sent to congregations goes; I would ask who sent the letters?

Paul was out in the missionary work, on his own, writing letters to the congregations that he started.

-who did paul consult with before writing letters?

-who did paul say taught him everything he needed to know

-how does paul speak about the leaders of the jerusalem church (Gal. 2)

The one letter that the Jerusalem council sent wasn't sent by just the council, it was sent by: (Acts 15:22,23) "Then the apostles and presbyters, in agreement with the whole church, decided to choose representatives and to send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. The ones chosen were Judas, who was called Barsabbas, and Silas, leaders among the brothers. 2 3 This is the letter delivered by them: "The apostles and the presbyters, your brothers, to the brothers in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia of Gentile origin: greetings. "

-who sent it? Just small governing body of apostles? older men? whole congregation?

-who received it? every congregation? every christian? specific locale? christians with specific background?

Your other point was about the association of brothers being so large that control is needed for unity.

-what truly is unity?

- is there a difference between conformity and unity? what? does it matter?

-Jesus is the head of the organization. Is he not capable of handling matters whether there is 1 or 100million chrisitans?

-What unity does the bible actually speak of?

-Who is actually responsible for saving anyone? (1 example: Ephesians 2:8-10)

I know this won't answer everything someone brings up and maybe some of it just doesn't make sense to anyone but me, but I hope it helps if the conversation every comes up again. This board is where I learned to ponder these things and try to apply some real logic to my bible study (alright no joking - I'm still learning).

Good luck.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Certain members of the GB practice Kabbalistic Freemasonry based on the Babylonian Talmud. So did the Pharisees. That's why Jesus said things to them like "you are from your father the Devil", or, "offspring of vipers". That's what they were. They corrupted the Sanhedrin which is what I like to call the "Committee" today. They judge you based on a whim of theirs and consign you to the fiery ashpits of Gehenna without batting an eye if you dare show the slightest trace of an attitude. They have forgotten that they are just sinful men who have no right to judge another when they say they are repentant. And of course it's all about "doing the law". Doing all the little things that JW's do to get their "status" in the Borg. The Bible is full of prophecies which indicate that today's JW's correspond to the Jews in captivity to the Pharisees in Jesus' day. In other words (and I don't mean to plagiarize because I've seen it posted here before) Ride that beast, you whore! Agape Lou

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit