Another example of WT coverup!!!! Proof of Deciept!!!!! And why it matters.

by Lady Liberty 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stev
    stev

Much of early history of the Adventists, and early WT, Bible Students is obscure. The documents are rare. The groups associated with Russell for the most part were tiny and were not interested in leaving historical landmarks for us internet historians. They thought the time on earth was very brief. We can find more documents on the internet on one hour than most Bible Students/JWs could have found in the last 100 years. Russell's early associates like Conley and others, parted company, and went their separate ways. With the separations, the information got lost, just like geneological data gets lost with family separations. No coverup here, just ignorance of the facts.

Conley was a financial benefactor to Russell, was an early associate of Russell, perhaps Conley introduced Russell to Adventists or Adventist literature in the early 1870s. Russell as editor probably exercised more power than Conley as President. Conley had a business to attend to, was President because he contributed the most. He only was involved for a 1,2,3 years at the most and then left.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Title designations such as "President", "Secretary" and "Treasurer" argue strongly that a corporate entity was in existence at that time.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Stev,

Thank you for your post. Personally the fact that there is alot more to the organizations history then they reviel to their flock, and then they make comments in even recent literature like what I just posted as an example, I feel is decieptful. They do not want the average JWS to know about Miller and Barbour..etc. and their early history. They want it all to be kept in a neat, clean, tidy little sanatized box of the past. So, it may have been ignorance in the begining, but they know the truth now, and continue to print what they know now not to be the truth. And that is what I find dishonest.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• emptywords
    emptywords

Ok...nice to see you Lady...

I don't find this anything to be overly excited about. I think it is just a technicality, what I want as some really bad stuff in.....

What are they doing with all the money they get from selling the farms.

• steve2
    steve2
    Title designations such as "President", "Secretary" and "Treasurer" argue strongly that a corporate entity was in existence at that time.

Ummmm, that is a separate issue from whether it was a legally incorporated society at the time of Conley's presidency. It wasn't. I get the point that the Watchtower produces a sanitised account of its early history - God, they need to, given all the shenanigans! But I doubt that covering up the fact that the first Watchtower president was Conley has any significance beyond simple-minded impression management.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

The Revelation Book was altered to remove many reference to Russell being the first president of the society.

I started a new thead with scans here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/140647/1.ashx

The thread also contains more Revelation Book changes, so I thought it best to start a new thread.

AO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit