What you are listening to/What you listened to recently?

by KW13 30 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I am playing Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra - love this song and matches the mood i am in right now.

You?

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

nine inch nails-march of the pigs

"and doesn't it make you feel better? the pigs have won tonight"

• emptywords
    emptywords

I listen to all sorts of music...l like ELO to, have a huge range of different tastes. from Al Jolson to Wolfmother. Sinatra to Handel, bluegrass to disco.

• monophonic
    monophonic

billy childish - crimes against music on my new record player. :)

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Dave Clarke and E.S.P. Woody Mcbride.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

In the CD player right now??? hmmm, check out SKILLET on iTunes. Sample the song "whispers in the dark". The whole CD is loaded with that genre. Luv it. Try Sanctus Real, Superchick, Newsboys and Third Day, too. Great groups.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Right now I have Danity Kane playing on my computer. For those of you who don't know who that is - its a pop/hip hop band started my puff daddy. And if you don't know how that is - he's a r & b/hip hop singer.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Anything from Wilco's Sky Blue Sky

Anything from Interpol's Our Love To Admire

especially this song-

New Music: Interpol: "Pioneer to the Falls" [Stream]

The men of Interpol have kept us waiting three years for their third album, Our Love to Admire. "Pioneer to the Falls", the disc's moody (what else?) opener, doesn't rush to make its point, either. Nor does it disappoint. A dark, brittle guitar line similar to pre-Turn on the Bright Lights live rarity "Cubed" (also known as "Mascara") joins sparse piano and melancholy strings before Paul Banks' harrowed, Jim Morrison-like voice comes in, again beseeching patience: "The soul can wait." Interpol's rhythm section enters a verse later, then drops to a heartbeat on a bridge that floats in space-- "You fly straight into my heart," Banks croons, distant yet vulnerable-- until at last a trilling guitar solo soars above it all, for an emotional effect similar to the one generated by the solo on Radiohead's "Creep". "I felt you so much today," Banks concludes, as rumbling toms and rising orchestration contrast with that stately opening riff, betraying impatience, perhaps, but no hurry.

The National is also worth checking out. I love these tunes:

Abel

Mistaken for Strangers

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

RIGHT now, I'm listening to No Doubt "trapped in a box" wah wah wah wah wah wah.

Earlier I was listening to Portishead, which reminded me of one of the reasons I started to smoke like an idiot, was that my older brother told me that that's why Beth Gibbons had such a cool voice. GRRRRRRR. Oh, why did I listen? I don't think decreasing your lung capacity by half is good on the old vocality. NOW I know better. Let that be a warning to you all, you won't all of a sudden be able to sing like Beth Gibbons if you pick up a tobacco habit. You'll just have extra phlegm and pay more tax.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Been feeling more 'mellow' lately. Split Enz 'Message To My Girl', Crowded House 'Sister Madly' (Live at State Theatre)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit