Badwillie's Situation - PISSED OFF

by Trilobite 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

I for one am throughly fed up and royally PISSED off with the crap from this organization.

If Badwillie will set up a PayPal account I will send money to it. Any other takers?

Badwillie - if you agree to this, and there is sufficient support, then get yourself a high powered attorney and sue their asses off.

Also: If you do agree, how about we let The Guardian know what we are doing.

T.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Just think if everyone sent $25.00. Many might send more.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Just curious, on what grounds would he sue? I was upset by his story also. I was also a bit surprised at their totalitarian attitude. I thought they'd learned some PR savvy through the years. Especially shocking was the wording---removing gangrene or cancer from the organization?!?! what were they thinking? idiots. er i mean untrained volunteers.
    I've often wondered if one could successfully sue for punitive damages and lost wages/potential wages because they could not go to college. It would be one thing if one chose not to go, but some kids were raised that way (we didn't land on plymouth rock, plymouth rock, landed on us!!!). and had to turn down scholarships/full rides to major universities, because the implied rule was--you pioneer or else!!
    That's not my story, exactly, but I would've given my eye teeth for a college education. I'm doing it at 31 y.o. with a child and one on the way--it's do-able, but it sure would've been easier at 18 with the help of my parents.
    okay, i got off the subject. Sorry. So, what are we suing for? Badwillie, ever give up any college scholarships?
    just wonderin'
    B.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Defamation of chararcter? Having his and his wife's name slandered merely because they went to a web site of asked a question? I am no legal expert but, certainly, elders are scared of being sued for DFing people for similar reasons.

I firmly believe that one of the virtues of the USA is that, if you have the money, you win the case.

Think what a story it would make: Religion publicly condemns couple for going to UN Web site on internet.

How about we go for it Badwillie. You gotta earn that handle, man!
    T.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

With the WTS going to the Supreme Court on the matter of Free Speech, the irony couldn't be greater.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Trilo-
    I appreciate those sentiments. Someone here posted that I have 7 years in which I could pursue legal action. One thing to note here:
    The elders took action not for us merely LOOKING at the information. But for us SHARING it with others, and also trying to interpret what it all meant. Don't forget, my sharing the UN thing with my friend spawned a 2 hour conversation where we covered everything from Beth-Sarim to Ray Franz and beyond. This was a 2 way discussion however. The elders are aware of EVERYTHING that was discussed. When they interviewed my friend about it, he did make it clear to them that it was not my intention to try to persuade or convert him to my way of thinking in any way. Now what do you say?
    -BadWillie. (ready to earn the handle!)

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Badwillie,

It all depends on what you both want. The mere threat of suing them will likely make the back off - here AlanF will probably have many more specific and intelligent things to say than me if I recollect stuff he said at the old H2O.

However, no matter what you discussed, there is no basis for publicly announcing that you are being reproved or DFed for merely sharing what you think and what you have read with others. The US Constitution protects Freedom of Speech for you just like it does for the WTS in Stratton Ohio. They can olcy do it if you let them do it.

If you wanted to pursue this, even if ultimately it did not result in a case, it would be a huge embarrassment for the WTS and would scare the living daylights out of the elders. In my opinion, with press attention not only on the UN story but also on the Stratton Ohio case, if the money could be got, this could be a very important case. Maybe it could somehow be hooked in with silentlambs whom you might want to contact.

Personally I think the time has come to fight the WTS on key issues such as this one with the UN, at every real opportunity. Opportunities lik ethe UN story don't come along everyday. I would gladly donate money to such a cause and I think we have to do that if we are going to move this to the next level.

What you have described Badwillie is disgusting; these bastards need to be smacked in the face and hard, from the pathetic elders in your cong. all the way up the line.

So, what do I say now? To misquote the scene in Josey Wales; I say, sue 'em now Badwillie, sue 'em now. And sue 'em hard.

Any takers if Badwille says GO!

T.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The best thing you can do from this bad experience is to take a lesson from it. The elders acted probably the most mercifully within the framework of the rules they are bound by.

The 'crime' was the discussion and interpreting of what the UN membership signified. The "proper" thing to do was to approach the elders and/or write the Society, not create "divisions". To the elders, such an association with the UN is meaningless. It is all about how you handle your doubts.

Path

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Path,

Call that mercy? It illustrates how twisted the organization is.

Badwillie: why not send your story to stephen bates at The Guardian. I believe he asked for people to contact him in another thread. His email is [email protected]. He posted his email address publicly.

I'd suggest a very provocative subject header since I'm sure he's receiving tons of email.
    T.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Watchtower has billion`s of dollar`s,they will just lidigate him till he`s broke.Willie,walk away and enjoy the rest of your life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit