toilet toothbrush

by John Doe 12 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm sure some of you remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry drops his girl's toothbrush in the toilet, picks it out, and then catches her using it before he's told her. Put yourself in his position. Would you tell? Would you wait and throw the old one away?

• eclipse
    eclipse

This reminds me of a rather mean, unloving JW stepdad of my bestfriend.

The stepdad suffers from narcissism, and has no concept of natural love, and is one of the most black and white thinkers, I have ever known.

Being a JW was right up his alley, as he was self-righteous and put down anyone not being a ''perfect JW''.

He regularily had his toothbrush toilet treated. He was also a mysophobe.

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Of course, throw it away and tell her. Toothbrushes are cheap. You should have an extra one somewhere right?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Naturally throw it away and tell her before she's used it. What if, however, she's used it before you told her? That's the rub.

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Ignorance is bliss??

This is why you should throw it away right away. So she can't use it.

• golf2
    golf2

In the garbage ASAP. By the way, I have one, but it cleans the tight spots of the toilet you can't get into. I have a note attached to the tooth brush saying, "for toilet use only".

Golf

• John Doe
    John Doe

I agree with what you're saying 100%. However, for the sake of hypothetical arguments, assume that you know the toothbrush has been in the toilet and then for whatever reason it is used. Do you tell?

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

As far as germs go, if it fell into the water of the flushed toilet and you clean your toilet on a regular basis, probably not telling is not going to be harmful.

I think.

So I vote for don't tell and just live with your own guilty conscience.

• DJK
    DJK

Drop it in the toilet again and then tell if it will help your conscience.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Just leaving the toothbrush in the bathroom, every time you flush, an aerosol forms, and sprays the whole bathroom with E-Coli. Including your brush. If you want to avoid this, keep your brush in the kitchen, or your bedroom.

Ok, now I am leaving for vacation. I'll be in Colorado Springs. Look for me. I look just like my avatar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit