Did You See Married Couples Arguing Loud in Public,Kingdom Hall, Anywhere ?

by flipper 17 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hello folks. I touched on this answering another thread and it made me think. I remember seeing fairly often married couples at times verbally sparring in public at times in the kingdom hall or parking lot. As I mentioned, saw an elder putting down his wife aggresively for disagreeing with him on territory being worked or not. I had an aquaintance who got really mad at his wife in front of others because she was looking at a picture of a brother in tidy whiteys, this picture being passed around to different sisters. He didn't like that she was laughing at it. And this same guy got mad at his wife in front of others for wrecking their car accidentally, hitting a deer. He was more angry about the damage to the car than whether his wife was hurt. I took him aside later and told him this was wrong, to not take it out on his wife like that. He told me to mind my own business. Later he apologized, but it made others feel uncomfortable seeing him and other couples working out their differences in sight of others often. I've always felt, if you have something to work out with your wife, go say or do it in private so no one else gets dragged into it.To me it's showing human dignity to your wife, others who are present, and any kids involved. What do you guys think? Have you witnessed this kind of behavior? How did you handle it, as well as others reactions to it? Thanks for your comments

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

i just wanted to make sure your thread was not commentless!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My elder Dad and super-righteous Mom. LOL!

Love you, Mom and Dad!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Not so much in my area. It always came as such a shock to me when a couple seperated or divorced... almost without fail they had put on a great act, giving the impression of the blissful happy union, when in reality it was anything but behind closed doors.

Either that, or there were a lot of couples who were extremely detached from eachother. They spent their time before and after the meeting on opposite sides of the building and didn't seem to really acknowledge the other too much.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Once, after service I observed a young brother threaten his wife, with a loud angry voice, saying that he would "slap her into next week", if she didn't stop disagreeing with him about some trivial matter. They moved a while after that, the last I heard, he was a ministerial servant in Kansas City. Don't know if they are still together, but I couldn't help but feel that she deserved much better than him.

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

been there...seen that....

the majority of witness marriages that I've observed are unhappy ones. not based on true partnership, respect, or love.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most of the heated arguments between spouses happen at home, not at the Kingdumb Hell. There, you are supposed to look and act happy no matter what, so you can perpetuate the illusion that this is the perfect place to be.

I have learned to be suspicious of anything that looks too perfect. Those pictures in the Puketower publications of paradise where there isn't so much as a dead leaf are too good to be true: I have never seen the most perfect forest without at least some dead branches and leaves. And that goes for couples that never argue at the Kingdumb Hell--it would be a bit more honest if those places had at least the normal number of arguments and fighting (not fist fighting, but quarreling and disagreements that happen between any two individuals). They all seem to have the same tastes--any time 100 people have the same taste, something is fishy.

No, this is not the place for uncontrolled arguments. However, if worldly people argue at the supermarket, then for sure that level of arguments should happen in Kingdumb Hells. Usually, those should pertain to service-related issues and what literature will be picked up. Remember, Paul and Barnabas had a fight that is prominently recorded in the Bible, and in service at that. So why is the Kingdumb Hell so perfect?

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

well i wasn't married to her but i almost punched a sister in her face at the kingdom hall (rock and roll!!!!!!!!!)when she slnadered my name for the ummmpht time.

the elders must have seen the rage in my eyes becasue the biggest one of them slowly came and stood between us and i'm a pretty skinny sister.......oh shit i can't believe i said i'm a sister.......

help

next thing i know i'll be trying to sell my weekly gossip magazine to a stranger on the tube saying "knowing evry detail of posh-becks sex life will give you eternal life."" oh jesus......

• loosie
    loosie

I work in a tech support call center. I get couples that start arguing when I ask them to unplug a certain cord. It's not so much in public, because they are in their own home. But it funny that they will argue with each other when I am on the phone over something so silly.

Somedays I actually count how many fights I started by just asking them to do something as simple as unplugging a cord.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Of course not! Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on Earth! Witness families are all exemplary and above average in every way.

What sort of a question is that? Arguing! No Witness couple has ever found a need to argue while in their spiritual paradise and basking in the glow of the holy spirit.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit