An Author's Experience With Jw's

by candidlynuts 8 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

I read at several author blogs..yesterday this one caught my eye.... ( trying to avoid jw stuff online is harder than it looks)

Quoted from author Dionne Galace's blog http://dionnegalace.com/wordpress/

I INTERRUPT THIS POST WITH THIS BREAKING NEWS:Some WASPy blond-haired Jehova’s Witnesses decked out in Kathy Ireland’s latest fashions just banged on my door. When I only stared at them in stupefaction (what, my undisguised armor of patronizing contempt wasn’t enough of a deterrent? Did they think I was somebody’s Filipino housemaid? Is it not possible that a brown girl could own a goddamn beach house in San Diego?), they beamed amicably me and chirped, “Do you speak English?” I replied, “Absolutely not. Not a word. In fact, I learned what I am currently saying to you phonetically. Oh, and we’re atheists.” And slammed the door on their faces. FUCKING ASSHOLES. I did not, in fact, jump up and down, screaming “I AM A PUBLISHED AUTHOR OF AMERICAN NOVELS WRITTEN IN ENGLISH, YOU DETESTABLE WHORES!” They make me want to be racist and shit. Back to your regularly scheduled snarkage.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

boy was she pissed lol

• changeling
    changeling

The witness was out to lunch, but this author thinks a little to much of herself. She was condescending and rude.

changeling (I hate rude people)

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I always hated going to the doors with old people who would ask rude questions like that. I was in a quite ritzy Detroit suburb one time and we got an oriental couple at the door. Keep in mind this was at the very least a $300,000-$400,000 home, and these people were dressed in nice clothes; it was obvious they owned the place. The first thing the old guy says is "hi, do you speak english?" Slightly annoyed, the husband answered "Yes I do, I have a master's degree," while I was desperately attempting to psychically transmit the words "IM SOOOO SORRY HE'S OLD PLEASE GIVE HIM A BREAK" into his brain. Needless to say, they weren't interested, and probably talk about how racist the Jehovah's Witnesses are to all of their friends.

More recently, we got an Atheist at the door. It was quite obvious this guy wasn't going to take anything, but the old guy I was with was DESPERATE to salvage the conversation. "Well, we talk to a lot of atheists and they take our literature." Yeah, that's great, peer pressure this guy into believing in God, that'll work! He asked us to leave. To this day, I wish I was alone so I could have told him "yeah, I'm really an atheist too, but this religion is nuts." We could have had a great discussion inside I'm sure, talking about how crazy my religion is and the finer points of science, all while the car group is sitting there thinking I'm bringing a heathen back to God! lol

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Does she wear a sign that says "bow down to me, I'm a published author?" How else were they supposed to know she was an author? Although the "do you speak English" was a little presumptuous.

• steve2
    steve2

This stuck-up, self-important "author" certainly knows how to blow away easy targets. She comes across as self-congratulatory, thinking that her behaviour at the door was hugely funny. No it wasn't. Rudeness is never okay and I feel sorry for anyone who has to wear her foul-mouthed rhetoric.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

CN, I miss your old avatar!

I can see why she was angry from the get go. We live in the US and automatically folks think if one is brown then they are the hired help?? How rude. Even if they WERE the hired help, it is rude to go to a door and be condescending to the one who is kind enough to open it for you! She didn't say she was a published author-part of her conversation with them was an internal one. I have a lot of those! I am with her. Horribly rude and they dress poorly also.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

On Amazon.com: "Your search "Dionne Galace" did not match any products." Perhaps she is published under a pseudonym?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i have no idea, i've never read her, her blog is funny though.

if univited salespeople knock on my door,interupting my day i reserve the right to be rude about them on my blog too lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit