How Were Intelligent "Sisters" Treated In Your Congregation?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think
    I've got no problem with women, I think everyone should have a couple

Me too, but guys of course.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Yep, Scully, I saw the exact same thing happen twice. The first time, it was one of my brilliant aunts--who took their counsel seriously, found a "manageable" brother to marry, and started feeding him answers. She made him an elder. Seriously. She would prepare all his materials for him and, during meetings, furiously scribble instructions for him. They're both old, trapped and miserable.

The other time, it was also one of my brilliant aunts. Eventually, she was identified as a "Jezebel-like" influence, because her methodical study of the Bible raised so many questions that no one (meaning none of the WT-bot brothers) could answer. She was eventually disfellowshipped. She became an Episcopalian, eventually taking a lay clergy role in her church, and died a happy and fulfilled person.

I shudder to think about the way that minds like Scully's, Blondie's, Mary's and Leolaia's (to name just a few) were treated in the bOrg. And I'm so grateful that you're out.

Jankyn

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In addition to being a natural blonde my ex is also very intellignet. Most of the brothers™ seemed intimidated by her. There was another sister™ in the hall who was very intelligent, and she was very hot too. She eventually married a non JW because the brothers™ wouldn't go near her. She was too good for them, and on some level I think they knew it.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit